Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven R
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The dimensions of the Board itself in inches or centimeters?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Blanco
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If no one answers, I'll measure this when I get home. Why do you want to know?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven R
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, my friends like Star Wars alot, but hate Risk. I plan to use the board and bits to create an area control game similar to Cave Troll that can be played in an hour or less with no dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro Lizarraga
Mexico
Merida
Yucatan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the exact dimensions at hand, but the size of the board is exactly the same as any standard Risk board size. Maybe you have one at hand which you can measure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Maggi
United States
Loudonville
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What a shame. This version of Risk is excellent and I would love to get a copy of it myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Herbie Nichols Project - Dr. Cyclops' Dream
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Benjamin Maggi wrote:
What a shame.

Times 1000. It's a great game, whether they like regular risk or not. If they don't try it, they're making a big mistake.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven R
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We've done the Risk thing. I own LOTR Risk and Orig Risk. A friend has Clone Wars. I've played 2210.

Problems I have with Risk and its spin offs is much the same as Axis and Allies and its spin offs...same overall mechanics, slightly different feel, play too long, too much luck.

I've begun to turn some of my existing games or games I'm interested into more Euro style crossovers with elements of worker placement, area control, and deck building...just a hobby, but I like the results so far.

For the record, I really like Cyclades and Chaos in the Old World.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro Lizarraga
Mexico
Merida
Yucatan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
swr66 wrote:
We've done the Risk thing. I own LOTR Risk and Orig Risk. A friend has Clone Wars. I've played 2210.

Problems I have with Risk and its spin offs is much the same as Axis and Allies and its spin offs...same overall mechanics, slightly different feel, play too long, too much luck.

I've begun to turn some of my existing games or games I'm interested into more Euro style crossovers with elements of worker placement, area control, and deck building...just a hobby, but I like the results so far.

For the record, I really like Cyclades and Chaos in the Old World.

This going very off-topic, and I really hope somebody actually measures the board for you.

However, regarding your comments, all those Risk games you mention (with exception of 2210) don't even come close to how good SW:OT is. SW:OT is the only spin off that doesn't fall in the category you mention (same mechanics, almost same feel). THIS is different, believe me. The inclusion of factions, the death star, the force meter and different winning conditions for each faction definitely make this game a rare breed among Risk games.

Also SW:OT games won't take too long. In my experience rarely a game goes over 2 hours. And to enjoy it best, you should try it with 3 players, so Hutts are active and all factions are best balanced.

2210 is great, but playing it once doesn't pay it. You need to play it several times so you get used to the new strategy behind it and you will start noticing that it has much less luck involved. Main problem with it is its duration (over 4 hours in average, with some games going for over 6 hours!). This is the main reason, due to my current time constraints, that it doesn't hit the table that much now and the Risk game of choice for me now is SW:OT although when I play it I don't feel like I am playing Risk

I am eager to try Risk MGS because I have read great things about it and they say it does actually feel like Risk, but I haven't got my hands on it yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Cornell
United States
Corunna
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Stikfas Animate Better Than Legos!
mbmbmbmbmb
I just measured my copy.
It's 20" x 30".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven R
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome...thanks for the measuresments. Just what I was hoping for.

Don't understand the issue with using the board for something else. I just bought a used copy that is missing a bunch of stuff for because I really like the board. i have SW Queens Gambit and that's my favorite of the Star Wars games and takes no more than 2 hrs to play. SW Risk is too long for what it is IMHO, and the idea that it only plays well with 3 or 5 players...crazy...over 80% BGG polled do not recommend playing with 2 or 4 players, which is what I have about 90%. So, I created my own factions to play 2-4 player using SW Minis and other miscellaneous pieces.

Thanks again for the measurments.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro Lizarraga
Mexico
Merida
Yucatan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dredry Toenail wrote:
I just measured my copy.
It's 20" x 30".

Thanks Dredry! Just as I mentioned, it has the same size as any standard Risk board. In the Risk 2210 section it has the dimensions of its board:

Risk 2210 A.D. contains:

* Earth Game Board (20" x 30")
* Moon Game Board
* 5 Sets of Army Playing Pieces

To the OP: I am curious, if you say you bought an incomplete SW:OT box just because of the board, then why couldn't you measure it yourself?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David K.
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And if you have an incomplete set, might you be willing to part with one of the figures? I'm missing one and would love to have a replacement, but Hasbro does not sell the particular one I need on their parts website.

David
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven R
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Axel wrote:
Dredry Toenail wrote:
I just measured my copy.
It's 20" x 30".

Thanks Dredry! Just as I mentioned, it has the same size as any standard Risk board. In the Risk 2210 section it has the dimensions of its board:

Risk 2210 A.D. contains:

* Earth Game Board (20" x 30")
* Moon Game Board
* 5 Sets of Army Playing Pieces

To the OP: I am curious, if you say you bought an incomplete SW:OT box just because of the board, then why couldn't you measure it yourself?

It was listed on Ebay and I was affraid someone else would purchase it before the owner was able to reply with the measurements. It just shipped Today, so I won't see it until next week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro Lizarraga
Mexico
Merida
Yucatan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
swr66 wrote:
It was listed on Ebay and I was affraid someone else would purchase it before the owner was able to reply with the measurements. It just shipped Today, so I won't see it until next week.

Oh that makes sense!

Following Shadowen's post, I am missing 2 orange rebel ships (3-unit markers) in my copy. If you are not going to use them, would you be willing to sell them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.