Popular Tags: [View All]
Kwang Il Kim
South Korea
Seoul
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In a Sortie, if the attacking army loses the battle and the defending army survives, then can the defender capture (or retake) the stronghold immediately?

Is entering an empty region with a enemy's settlement and capturing it the same with a normal move?
For example, with one Army Action Die result, a player captures two empty region with emeny's settlements.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Ashton
United States
Elmhurst
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
skeil wrote:
In a Sortie, if the attacking army loses the battle and the defending army survives, then can the defender capture (or retake) the stronghold immediately?

Is entering an empty region with a enemy's settlement and capturing it the same with a normal move?
For example, with one Army Action Die result, a player captures two empty region with emeny's settlements.

I'm not sure about your first question, but I believe if the attacking (sortie-ing) army is wiped out, the defender would immediately gain control of the region.

The second one has come up in some games. You can use an army die to move two armies into regions that are free for the purposes of army movement. A settlement controlled by an enemy but without any army units is free for the purposes of army movement, so yes, you could take both settlements.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dave
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the absolute best way to capture a settlement--have the defender sortie out on his action die and commit suicide.

And yes, if you move in to an empty settlement, you capture it. In a recent tournament game, FP Scouted out of Minus Morgul, and then proceeded to capture both Morannon and Barad-dur on a single action die since they were both empty. It was beautiful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay P

Alexandria
Virginia
msg tools
skeil wrote:

If all attackers are lost (without a rear guard army) and at least one defender remains, then the defender automatically (and immediately) takes over the stronghold.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kwang Il Kim
South Korea
Seoul
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WOW!
There are many answers. Thank you all guys!

As the Free Peoples, I've played this game five times but I've never won yet. cry
Maybe my friend and I have missed the things above, so have to play it again in the way you answered. Yeah!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.