Subject: Gaming Stores in Derby rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Neil Blaiberg
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, looks like I'll be spending a few months in Derby - are there any gaming shops that I should visit?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Kruczek
United Kingdom
Colchester
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your best bet is Spirit Games in Burton. A Phenomenally large selection. When we lived in Derby my wife came to dread my visits there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Blaiberg
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for that - I see they're only open till 6, so i may not get a chance to go - shame, it looks good
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Fluck
United Kingdom
Milton
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They open Tuesday through Saturday, and put on the odd game on Saturday. Phil and Sal are a gold mine of information, both on games and gaming clubs.

I would recommend attending Beer & Pretzels - Saturday and Sunday at the Town Hall - Spirit Games are the principle organisers and I thinks they have stock available. Happening this May - find info on the website.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Taylor
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheRiddler1976 wrote:
Thanks for that - I see they're only open till 6, so i may not get a chance to go - shame, it looks good

On Wednesdays they have a board gaming night from 7pm until late which is open to all, so you could come down then and play some games and browse the stock. They also have various events on other evenings which are all listed on their website.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Blaiberg
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ooh now that's more appealing. I'll only be in Derby from Monday - Thursday,so the Wendesday game night could be good. I'll see if I can get down there :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.