Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cool User
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You cannot change your username. The only thing you can do is abandon your account and start a new one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Debien
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want to change your name, but not your user name

Hover mouse pointer over "My Geek" and select Account

Then select Edit Contact Details
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
The "R B" or the "geekgirl123"?

If it is the "RB" then go to My Geek->Profile, then at the bottom of the page, click on the pencil icon in the "User Details for ...." section and edit the First and Last name section.

The "geekgirl123" username cannot be changed unfortunately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Ham
United States
The Colony
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
HONK HONK
mbmbmbmbmb
You can't change your username, but you can change the name above it by clicking the pencil icon next to "User Details" in your profile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B
United States
Oxford
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Hotty Toddy Rebels!
badge
Lets go Blues!
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
The "R B" or the "geekgirl123"?

If it is the "RB" then go to My Geek->Profile, then at the bottom of the page, click on the pencil icon in the "User Details for ...." section and edit the First and Last name section.

The "geekgirl123" username cannot be changed unfortunately.

Just out of curiosity, why is that? It's not like it's difficult technically. I understand there are reasons for wanting to make it very undesirable for doing so, but the fact that it can't be done at all is kinda silly.

Just make it cost like 150 gg or something, or even make it like $25 donation or something to keep out the fashonistas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
I asked about it at one point, and if I recall correctly, the database is not fully normalized. It's not as simple as changing the name in a "Users" table and thats that. Or at least that was the answer I got at the time. Things may have changed since then, but it was apparently quite a bit of work to make sure the username change was propagated to all the disparate tables.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B
United States
Oxford
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Hotty Toddy Rebels!
badge
Lets go Blues!
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
I asked about it at one point, and if I recall correctly, the database is not fully normalized. It's not as simple as changing the name in a "Users" table and thats that. Or at least that was the answer I got at the time. Things may have changed since then, but it was apparently quite a bit of work to make sure the username change was propagated to all the disparate tables.

I hope that's part of the redesign then, because although I'm alright with my username, since there is so much data/history tied to user accounts on BGG, it is really annoying to note that someone who idk, has an actual name change, gets married, chooses poorly, etc. has essentially no recourse other than abandon all that history and start anew.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Belli
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geekgirl123
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
casualgod wrote:
If you want to change your name, but not your user name

Hover mouse pointer over "My Geek" and select Account

Then select Edit Contact Details

That's it. Thanks thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.