Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
516 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [21] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM » Werewolf

Subject: Werewolf In Players Choice #5 - Themes are decided, come vote for your favorite! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Christopher
United States
Edwards
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Its that time again, yes its time for Werewolf in Players Choice. Since this is the FIFTH installment of this game I am trying out something new. Ever player may submit ONE theme idea. Then before the game starts I will put up a poll with all of the game ideas and allow ANYONE to vote for 24 hours deciding the theme.

Good Roles:

Seer - Each night receives a vision of a target player as 'wolf' or 'not wolf.' The seer receives a vision on Night 0 of one randomly chosen player that is 'not wolf.' Thereafter, the seer chooses which player to view.

Martyr - may choose a player each night, if that player is killed, the they will die instead

Brutal Hunter - If only two players remain in the game and the hunter is one of those players, then the good team wins even if the other player is a werewolf. He is brutal when lynched or killed. The brutal kill is mandatory. If there is no order in modchat then it will be selected at random.

5 Villagers - Ordinary villagers with no special powers.

Evil Roles:

Werewolf - The werewolves know each other's identity, and may private message/chat without restriction. Each night the wolves choose one target player to kill. There is no kill on Night 0.

Brutal Werewolf - The werewolves know each other's identity, and may private message/chat without restriction. Each night the wolves choose one target player to kill. There is no kill on Night 0. He is brutal when lynched or killed. The brutal kill is mandatory. If there is no order in modchat then it will be selected at random.

Sorcerer- Each night receives a vision of a target player as 'seer' or 'not seer.' The sorcerer receives a vision on Night 0 of one randomly chosen player that is 'not seer.' Thereafter, the sorcerer chooses which player to view. The sorcerer wins if the wolves win, but does not count as a werewolf for parity purposes (see below).

Victory Conditions:

Good - All good players win if all werewolves are eliminated, or if the last two players remaining are the hunter and one werewolf. The sorcerer does not have to be eliminated in order for Good to win.

Evil - All evil players win if the wolves achieve parity: if at any time the number of wolves remaining equals the number of non-wolves remaining (including the sorcerer), evil wins. Howver, if one wolf is left with the hunter, then good wins. The sorcerer counts as a 'non-wolf' for these purposes.

Lynch Rules:

Each day players vote for one player to be lynched. The player receiving the most votes is killed. If there is a tie between two or more players, the tied player with the LHLV is killed.

Lynch time is 3 PM BGG time. Votes cast with this time-stamp are counted. Votes cast after this time are invalid. Votes made during the night phase are invalid.

All votes must conform to the Cassandra Vote Tally System rules. (Will be
posted once the game starts). If all living players vote night fall it will
speed up the dusk.

Players roll and team will be revealed on death.

Night Orders:

Wolves, Seer and Sorcerer must all submit their night orders by 4 PM BGG time. They do this by using the Cassandra Game Order system in the Cassandra Chat System.

The wolves' night kill choice is revealed with the DAWN post. The players' role and team are revealed.

If all living players (including those with out night actions) click on the
'Lock Game Actions' button it will speed up Dawn.

I also want to take a moment to introduce my co-host for this adventure:
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
"It seems, that is, I may have become, quite by accident, the chosen, what what?"
badge
“Here is my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Petit Prince
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Werewolf In Players Choice #5
Player List According to Cassandra:
danldan2
jamgar
Lore
paulsantac
redshark92
sarah55555
Taquelli
TommyDanger
Violintides
yiatzi
ZenMonkey11

11 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/7927...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Reil
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just signed up on Cassandra.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Q. Dangerpants, esq
United States
Westford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Picking themes is oh so fun,
Just don't pick rhyming... We did that one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Christopher
United States
Edwards
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Please read the theme change posted at the top of the first post. Since this is Players Choice #5 we are doing things a little different this time around. Those of you who have joined please post your theme.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
"It seems, that is, I may have become, quite by accident, the chosen, what what?"
badge
“Here is my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Petit Prince
mbmbmbmbmb
TommyDanger wrote:
Picking themes is oh so fun,
Just don't pick rhyming... We did that one.

Heh!

I was entertained!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mandiekinz
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
Professor Xavier convinced Katniss to leave her home at 221B Baker Street. She jumped into the Impala shouting, "Allons-y!" .....
badge
.... to take The Ring down the yellow brick road, all through the black of the 'verse, to Narnia, to shine like a star, while saving the Enterprise from the Six-fingered Slytherin Sith.
mbmbmbmbmb
We post it publicly or we send it to you privately?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Christopher
United States
Edwards
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
violintides wrote:

Let's do it publicly so everyone can know whose idea they're voting for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mandiekinz
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
Professor Xavier convinced Katniss to leave her home at 221B Baker Street. She jumped into the Impala shouting, "Allons-y!" .....
badge
.... to take The Ring down the yellow brick road, all through the black of the 'verse, to Narnia, to shine like a star, while saving the Enterprise from the Six-fingered Slytherin Sith.
mbmbmbmbmb
Zyxistal wrote:
violintides wrote:

Feels like a popularity contest then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Christopher
United States
Edwards
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
violintides wrote:
Zyxistal wrote:
violintides wrote:

Feels like a popularity contest then.

Lol, if you don't want to post it publicly that's fine just IM me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
He who will soon be killed
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I choose to win
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Christopher
United States
Edwards
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
paulsantac wrote:
I choose to win

You'll be given a special role then, its called Player. You win by having a good time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mandiekinz
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can I put up multiple themes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Christopher
United States
Edwards
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
violintides wrote:

No. There can be only one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zyxistal wrote:
violintides wrote:

No. There can be only one.

Oooh. Excellent theme choice there, Raaaahmeeerezzzz!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mandiekinz
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My theme choice:

ReBoot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamgar
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
badge
Knowing where the trap is - that's the first step in evading it.
mbmbmbmbmb
Last time I played a p11 was November. And it took a month.

It's been too long.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamgar
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
badge
Knowing where the trap is - that's the first step in evading it.
mbmbmbmbmb
My theme:

We are sailors on a Spanish galleon returning home from the New World. Most of us want to return home safely and skim the usual amount of gold from our haul before paying the king's share. We are also desperate to cover up any unauthorised liberties we have taken while away from the king's eyes. Amongst the crew there is a hero who will die to save another, the first mate who is operating on the captains orders to search for crown agents and expose them and the captain whose testimony will stand up to a lone agent if he makes it safely back to Spain.

Two of us are agents of Charles V who plan to expose our corruption to the king for a reward. They are immune from prosecution in Spain and are using their power to enact the king's justice on the high seas, by executing anyone who realises that they are operating for the crown.

One crewmember has already agreed to support the agent's testimony on return to Spain and is secretly helping them undermine the crew.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mandiekinz
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
violintides wrote:
My theme choice:

ReBoot

I lied. My theme choice is Invader Zim.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Krehbiel
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello everyone. I managed to get myself killed the first night in my first game, but the horse hasn't kicked me hard enough yet, so here I am.

Suggested Theme: Everyone is a D-list DC Comics character who hasn't yet appeared in the new 52 reboot. Everyone wants to see print again, but the evil team believe that only the grittiest can survive, and so start bumping off the other goofier characters in hopes of appealing to the publishers. Obviously, they must be stopped.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mandiekinz
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Taquelli wrote:
Hello everyone. I managed to get myself killed the first night in my first game, but the horse hasn't kicked me hard enough yet, so here I am.

Suggested Theme: Everyone is a D-list DC Comics character who hasn't yet appeared in the new 52 reboot. Everyone wants to see print again, but the evil team believe that only the grittiest can survive, and so start bumping off the other goofier characters in hopes of appealing to the publishers. Obviously, they must be stopped.

Nice theme, haha.
And I hope I don't piss you off like mad by just calling you 'Tequila' all the time. gulp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Christopher
United States
Edwards
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
violintides wrote:
Taquelli wrote:

Nice theme, haha.
And I hope I don't piss you off like mad by just calling you 'Tequila' all the time. gulp

Even better if you can [vote tequila]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nah... I only [vote scotch]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Krehbiel
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
violintides wrote:
Taquelli wrote:

Nice theme, haha.
And I hope I don't piss you off like mad by just calling you 'Tequila' all the time. :gulp:

Haha, no, it's cool. I pretty much expect it at this point. That or Taq, but nobody say "The Cobbler and the Thief."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al Carpenter
United States
Lakewood
California
flag msg tools
Click the Red Microbadge below to see my games for trade (or sell).
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I get to choose a player?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [21] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.