Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sam H
Canada
Québec
flag msg tools
Every weirdo in the world is on my wavelength
badge
We carry a new world here, in our hearts.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

We are in the midst of our first PBEM game of Free at Last and this question has just come up.

The Civil Rights player has initiated a protest in Montgomery. He used Dr King's special ability of automatically winning the media attention dr. The Segregationist player played the "Law and Order" card, extending the protest for 3 rounds.

We interpreted this as three seperate and consecutive dr, before calling a winner. Is that correct? Does the "media attention" column shift cover all three consecutive rounds or just the first?

Edit: The card that sparked the confrontation brought a leader into play and gave a +1 DRM to the protest. Does this DRM also extend all three rounds or just the first?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Torgerson
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sxmpxr wrote:
Hi,

We are in the midst of our first PBEM game of Free at Last and this question has just come up.

The Civil Rights player has initiated a protest in Montgomery. He used Dr King's special ability of automatically winning the media attention dr. The Segregationist player played the "Law and Order" card, extending the protest for 3 rounds.

We interpreted this as three seperate and consecutive dr, before calling a winner. Is that correct?

yes. Apply losses and roll again on the column for the number of surviving units.

Quote:
Does the "media attention" column shift cover all three consecutive rounds or just the first?

all three. The idea being that the longer the confrontation went on the more attention would be focused on it.

Quote:
Edit: The card that sparked the confrontation brought a leader into play and gave a +1 DRM to the protest. Does this DRM also extend all three rounds or just the first?

This applies to all three if it is an extended confrontation. With a good modifier and a column shift it may not benefit the SEG player to extend the confrontation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam H
Canada
Québec
flag msg tools
Every weirdo in the world is on my wavelength
badge
We carry a new world here, in our hearts.
mbmbmbmbmb
1989Game wrote:

This applies to all three if it is an extended confrontation. With a good modifier and a column shift it may not benefit the SEG player to extend the confrontation.

I'm not sure he understood what he was getting himself into... whistle

Thanks for the extra quick reply!! I'm really enjoying the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.