Tim K
Australia
Colonel Light Gardens
SA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Firstly I have to admit that I haven't played much Dungeon Lords and it seems that there are already some good solo variants. However I thought of one possible solo variant but the only problem with it is that perhaps you would have to keep track of so much stuff that perhaps your head might explode if you try it.

The variant is as follows:

You play two hands as though it were a two player game and your score is the lowest of the two hands. Therefore you will want to choose orders than don't hinder the other player and will want to work on sharing the titles as evenly as possible to get the scores for both hands as high as possible.

Do you think it would just be too much to keep track of each turn in trying to play 2 hands as efficiently as possible? You could try and tweak the evilometer so that you manipulate who gets what adventurers (to each player's advantage). You can also try and optimise the orders so that you get the best spots. If you get to peak at a card it would remain face up as both players would now know what it contains and you can plan accordingly.

The benefit of this variant is that it doesn't change any of the rules so it would be very easy to pick up and run with.

Feedback welcome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Decatur
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tim, I'm only in the research phase for this game, and I've been looking at several solo variants -- and yours sounds really appealing. It seems to keep most of the game elements and objectives intact.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.