Subject: camping games rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ed kirkpatrick
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
is there a good game with sturdy components, quick, not a lot of light required, all ages (51-5), more players the better and easy to learn? please post it. i offered to bring my DOTR game with exspansions but did not get a lot of positive feedback. (i even have painted minis) last year was poker, and that was ok. 2 years ago we played mexican train dominoes. they did not blow away when the wind got rough and it was a good experiance. maybe 20-25 people drifting in and out. i know we cant play 25 at a time but we have tournaments or top 2 or 3 stay. i am poor and can not afford a boat. i can afford a game. thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victoria Osborne
United States
Grants Pass
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
try Bears! it is fun fast small and easy to play or even Ultimate Werewolf: Ultimate Edition

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Park
United States
San Rafael
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't bring DotR into the woods. Too many pieces, too hard to identify locations in good light. Too many cards.

Hive, especially the bakelite version, is a good camping game. So is Pickomino. Qwirkle would probably work if you have a flat surface (a folding card table fits right at the bottom of my Prius's hatchback, goes with me and takes almost no space.)
I just created a water-resistant and bagged no-board version of König von Siam gessoing and painting with acrylic paint a bunch of cardboard hexes and tiles from some kid's game, combined with sleeved and sealed colorcopied cards. I followed the example of another home version in the KoS gallery. Wind can be an issue with any game with cards, but in KoS, you only have eight cards, and we just put the played cards back into the game's ziplock as we played them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Larsen
United States
Salt Lake City
UT
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Resistance
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ronald fraigun
United States
Tujunga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We always played poker or cribbage or some kind of card game. Seemed to be good because could quit at any time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Should you have the people, werewolf/mafia is the best game. If you are really good, it doesn't even need any components!
+1 hive, but I find its best to have a flat surface to play it on, which you may not have.

Most card games should do the trick, like dominion, thunderstone, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Hagenauer jr.
Germany
Surheim
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 Pickomino

Hive is great, but for 2 players only.

nestorgames has some great eays to learn and eays to take with you games too. For up to 5 players Way of the Dragon comes to my mind.

And last but not leat I´d suggest Team Work Original, a fast fun communication card game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Seb. ●leoskyangel●
Malaysia
Bangsar & PJ
flag msg tools
badge
I play games not to win, it's the gathering that's important - Thanks for the tip Cate108!
mbmbmbmbmb
- +1 The Resistance
- Qwirkle
- Ca$h 'n Gun$
- Jungle Speed (can be played with 10 but they're cards in this game)
- Blokus (if portability isn't an issue)

- Damien
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Tullsen
United States
Tigard
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Road goes ever on and on Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with eager feet, Until it joins some larger way Where many paths and errands meet.
badge
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 for Bears. Just played it. Its awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Willis
United States
Kathleen
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Click Clack Lumberjack
Ca$h 'n Gun$: Live
Reverse Charades
Catch Phrase! (electronic version)
+1 Werewolf
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rob cavallo
United States
roseland
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i keep a copy of Fluxx with my camping gear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Derrick
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't Stop. Everything is plastic and fairly wind resistant.

Fistful of Penguins. Plays up to 6.

Martian Dice. Just a lot of wacky dice fun.

+1 for Bears
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ultimate Werewolf is the only game I can think of that accomodates 25 people.

Citadels or The Resistance are both cheap games that play up to 8 or 10 players respectively, have minimal components, and are a LOT of fun

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.