tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Icesun
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know if "Survive: Escape from Atlantis!" is the 30th Edition ?

If the answer is yes, so here the changes I could find on images from the Asmodee France website : new name, new arts for the box / the board / the back of the hex-tiles (the effects), and the Octopus expansion included (maybe only for the pre-orders). But I didn't see the blue die and the dolphins, then we could think that they have been removed from this edition.

Edit: Thanks to Stephen below, so the new "30th Edition" with EU langages = "The Island".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Buonocore
United States
BOYNTON BEACH
FL
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
taeyah11 wrote:
What's different?

The difference: The name of the game only.

Stronghold Games maintains English rights.
Asmodee will be doing the EU languages.

Stronghold Games will continue with the brand "Survive: Escape From Atlantis! - 30th Anniversary Edition".
Asmodee will brand the game in their editions as "The Island".

That's the sum total of the differences... :0

Same great game whether you buy it from Stronghold Games or Asmodee. Likely, you will buy it based on location and language.

Thanks,
Stephen M. Buonocore
Stronghold Games LLC
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P K T
South Korea
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you.

Blue die and the Dolphins remove?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Carrasco
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
Thanks for mentioning this. I went over to the Asmodee website to see pictures of The Island. I love the new artwork! The board looks amazing and the colors really pop. I also love the new artwork on the bottom of the tiles. I can't wait to see what the rest of the tiles look like.

http://fr.asmodee.com/ressources/jeux_versions/the-island.ph...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Philipp
United States
Muskego
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So dolphins and blue dice! Sucks to have been supporters of the last Stronghold release of this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Buonocore
United States
BOYNTON BEACH
FL
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Superhawk2300 wrote:
So dolphins and blue dice! Sucks to have been supporters of the last Stronghold release of this.

???

I don't understand your comment. Why does it suck to have had this great game as early as Essen 2010 or January 2011 (Street Date), and enjoyed it with the extra components for the past 18 months?

All that we are doing now is bringing the game back so that more gamers (and especially families) can have this fine game. In doing so, we are freshing up the art to give it more mass appeal, and to reduce the price for more people to afford, we removed some optional components.

Thanks,
Stephen M. Buonocore
Stronghold Games LLC

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James W
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
evilone wrote:

All that we are doing now is bringing the game back so that more gamers (and especially families) can have this fine game. In doing so, we are freshing up the art to give it more mass appeal, and to reduce the price for more people to afford, we removed some optional components.

Thanks,
Stephen M. Buonocore
Stronghold Games LLC

On behalf of those gamers and families who missed out on the previous edition:
Please, PLEASE, PLEEEASSSSSE sell the optional components separately!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Smith
United States
Jefferson city
Missouri
flag msg tools
Well, here's what might be unpleasant: ordering the main game along with the expansion. The main game is on back order. Receive the expansion only to learn that the game has been changed, is less than what was ordered, and doesn't match the expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.