Popular Tags: [View All]
Alessio Lerro
United States
Ewing
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I got this right but I just want to make sure: an infantry unit assaults a tank in a urban area and is assisted by a tank carrying the OC marker. Here is how I sum up the AV point:

+2 for assaulting
+2 of Infantry assaulting unit in urban area
+2 for Tank support
+2 because in the same hex of the OC

Is this correct?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petre Tutunea
Romania
flag msg tools
designer
The infantry's urban bonus against AFVs is awarded only when the infantry is the only unit type assaulting (i.e. not grouped with AFVs) and AFVs are the only unit type defending (i.e. not grouped with infantry). The same goes for AFVs when assaulting infantry in clear terrain.

Inf vs AFV receives +2AV bonus
Inf+Inf vs AFV receives +2AV bonus
Inf vs AFV+AFV receives +2AV bonus
Inf+AFV vs AFV does not receive +2AV bonus (as in your example)
Inf vs AFV+Inf does not receive +2AV bonus

So, in your example, either the infantry assaults alone, losing the AFV support:
+2 for assaulting
+2 of Infantry assaulting unit in urban area
+1 RRR CO bonus

Or it assaults with the AFV support, in which case it loses the urban bonus:
+2 for assaulting
+2 for Tank support
+2 LCR CO bonus

Either way, the CO tank will be marked as Finished along with the assaulting infantry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Lerro
United States
Ewing
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you a lot for being always so responsive and precise!
Great game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vezner
United States
Skokie
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Now I am a little confused. In the above example, could the CO tank be in the same hex as the assaulting friendly infantry (necessary to give LCR bonus) but not participate in the assault itself? I thought ground troops could only enter an enemy-occupied hex to assault.

If not assaulting, the CO tank could not enter enemy-occupied hex and could only give RRR bonus from nearby hex is that right?

The concept that infantry have to be attacking unsupported by AFV to get the +2 bonus vs AFV in urban is not stated in the rules or play aid and I did not find it intuitive. I suggest adding that clarification and the analogous clarification for AFV vs INF in clear terrain, to the list of things to add to the living rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petre Tutunea
Romania
flag msg tools
designer
kvezner wrote:
could the CO tank be in the same hex as the assaulting friendly infantry (necessary to give LCR bonus) but not participate in the assault itself?

No.

kvezner wrote:
I thought ground troops could only enter an enemy-occupied hex to assault.

That is correct.

kvezner wrote:
If not assaulting, the CO tank could not enter enemy-occupied hex and could only give RRR bonus from nearby hex is that right?

That is correct. I was quick to answer and I was wrong. Will edit/update my previous post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.