Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Hecker
Australia
Kallista, jewel of the Dandenongs
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a way to jump from the social interface of CSW to the talk forum for an individual game? I don't want to log in twice, but I can't see a way around.

For example how to jump from

http://social.consimworld.com/group/boardgamegeeks

to

http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?50@184.1RE1a1NMYxU.12@.ee6f...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Val Ruza
Canada
Elmira
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that their social and forums use different login databases and as a result a separate. Although since you were able to find the specific game you were looking for in their forum implies very strongly that you CSW search skills eclipse mine by light years.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos A. L. de Miranda
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
mb
I don't go directly, what I do is click on any of the "Recent CSW News Stories" links, way down on the right of the page, and a new tab is opened in that post, then I click FORUM (third option from the top on the right menu)to go to the Forum start page.

As I said, not directly, but i log just once, for the social forum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Hecker
Australia
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Tony! That last recommendation works well. It still is a little clunky a transition, but it needs just one login and I can move between the facets of CSW.

Unfortunately I can be logged in to social but have only guest access to the talk units. Half the job done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Hecker
Australia
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did sign up on Social, and needed to sign up again on Talk. This is the minor irritation that the two don't seem to link.

P'rhaps there is no link between the two databases. Tis no matter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Herbie Nichols Project - Dr. Cyclops' Dream
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's interesting that there are different logins. I didn't know - I've been visiting the forums daily for years, but have never even looked at social.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.