-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Title says it all really, but hey, why not fill up some white space…

We're going to be buying at least one of the map collections if not both, and I was wondering if the components of one or both of the expansions sets will fit in the original Nordic Countries box.

Would be great to just have a single box we can tote around which supports from 2-6 players. We have the extra trains needed thanks to the Mayfair Premium Wooden Train Token set.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Hafen
Germany
Bonn
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The lid to the box would definitely be riding pretty high from the extra game boards, but I'm sure it would fit. Since Nordic countries only comes with three colors of trains, though, you'd have to buy some extras or get take them out of a different version of TTR if you want portability and the ability to play with a full group. Not a bad idea, though.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Wheelock
Canada
Woodstock
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
David Malki drew this!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I have Europe, E: 1912, Nordic Countries, and Team/Legendary Asia. What I did was put all of the boards (three) into the Europe box, then used the card holders from Asia to fill up the space on two of the box sides (piled three high on each of the two sides). Then the cards from all of the games go in piles (in bags) on top of the maps. The box closes fine.

In the Asia box, I have the trains from every game (including the +9 needed for Asia, but no 'extra' trains), the stations, depots, warehouses, and rulebooks. It all fits in nicely.

I'm pretty sure that if I get India/Switz., I can fit that map in the Europe box. I may have to take out the train cards from NC, but I don't use them anyway. The destination tickets from the original Europe can also go. If I do that, though, weight will undoubtedly be a problem... all that cardboard is heavy.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, so based on your experience do you think that all of the following would fit in the Nordic box:

- 3 boards
- the Asia card racks
- 5(?) destination ticket decks (Nord, Asia, Leg. Asia, India, Swiss?)
- 1 Train card deck
- Only the trains needed to play each player configuration with no extras
- (optional) 3 rulebooks. Could live with just having digital copies on my iPhone if need be.

If not I'll just go with one of the two map collections. Space is an issue and I don't want to keep more than one large box dedicated to TtR.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Wheelock
Canada
Woodstock
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
David Malki drew this!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll have to check after work today. I'll get back to you!
 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
swheelock wrote:
I'll have to check after work today. I'll get back to you!


Wow. Was only hoping for your sense of things, didn't mean to send you off to go fiddling with your own boxes.

You Sir, are a Prince amongst men.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven F.
Sweden
Västra Götaland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
NuMystic wrote:
Okay, so based on your experience do you think that all of the following would fit in the Nordic box:

- 3 boards
- the Asia card racks
- 5(?) destination ticket decks (Nord, Asia, Leg. Asia, India, Swiss?)
- 1 Train card deck
- Only the trains needed to play each player configuration with no extras
- (optional) 3 rulebooks. Could live with just having digital copies on my iPhone if need be.

If not I'll just go with one of the two map collections. Space is an issue and I don't want to keep more than one large box dedicated to TtR.


It fits nicely, except for I don't know the size of the wooden train tokens, as I have five sets of plastic trains from TtR Europe. Also all the five rulebooks go in there (there are two separate rule books for each of the collections).

Just be careful so that the train tokens don't destroy the maps if you squeeze them too tightly. (I already have a problem with that in the original Asia box, where the extra trains have slightly damaged the map.)

Hope you don't mind I interfered with your internal discussion...!
1 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Fomalhaut wrote:

It fits nicely, except for I don't know the size of the wooden train tokens, as I have five sets of plastic trains from TtR Europe. Also all the five rulebooks go in there (there are two separate rule books for each of the collections).


Thank you so much!

The wooden tokens are roughly the same size so no difference worthy of note there.

Fomalhaut wrote:
Just be careful so that the train tokens don't destroy the maps if you squeeze them too tightly. (I already have a problem with that in the original Asia box, where the extra trains have slightly damaged the map.)


Thank you for this reminder. I have a damaged Small World map where a sharp edge from the insert was enough to shred a section of it.

Think I'm going to invest in a roll of thin foam to include in all my games that pose a similar risk.

Fomalhaut wrote:
Hope you don't mind I interfered with your internal discussion...!


Meddler! Here's a small GeekGold tip to teach you a lesson! laugh
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I can fit 2 maps boards into a TtR Europe box (TtR E board + TtR India/Swiss). Could fit a 3rd board, but then wouldn't be able to fit the pieces. As of now, I need to separate the train cards into 2 decks, though I do sleeve them in standard thickness sleeves, which adds a bit of height to the whole stack.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Wheelock
Canada
Woodstock
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
David Malki drew this!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
NuMystic wrote:
Wow. Was only hoping for your sense of things, didn't mean to send you off to go fiddling with your own boxes.


You don't have to encourage me to do that.

NuMystic wrote:
Okay, so based on your experience do you think that all of the following would fit in the Nordic box:

- 3 boards
- the Asia card racks
- 5(?) destination ticket decks (Nord, Asia, Leg. Asia, India, Swiss?)
- 1 Train card deck
- Only the trains needed to play each player configuration with no extras
- (optional) 3 rulebooks. Could live with just having digital copies on my iPhone if need be.


Yup, all of this will fit... in the TrR: Europe box. I put the NC box beside that, and it looked to be exactly the same size, so I think that would also work.

This will be a heavy box, you realize, with more strain on it than if it weren't stuffed full of what essentially measures the same as, and is composed of the same stuff as, a ream of paper.
 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
because it's all I ever wanted to be..
badge
Cloning gamers since 2003
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
In the TTR:Europe box I have 7 sets of trains (redtraingreentrainbluetrainyellowtrainblacktrainpurpletrainwhitetrain) Extras for Asia, All Destination Tickets (except Asia x2 and Swiss) Train Cards from Marklin and 1910, Depots, Stations, Passengers, and Warehouses, Two card holders from Asia, all the pieces for Marklin, and rulebooks, Asia map + a self-made score-pad.

In the USA I got USA,Europe,India/Swiss,Nordic,and Marklin Maps.
The Asia x2 and Swiss Destination Tickets, and the other four card holders along the sides of the maps.

All fits, but I kinda wonder if it's too much to sort thru everything to find all the components to play 1 game.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
swheelock wrote:
This will be a heavy box, you realize, with more strain on it than if it weren't stuffed full of what essentially measures the same as, and is composed of the same stuff as, a ream of paper.


Now that isn't something I had considered fully. Nonetheless this is all encouraging enough that I'll definitely get both map collections. Can you tell how much arm twisting I needed?

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven F.
Sweden
Västra Götaland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
jcaraway wrote:


All fits, but I kinda wonder if it's too much to sort thru everything to find all the components to play 1 game.


Well, then you simply have to play at least 2 games during every session. Sounds all right to me...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Citizen Andrew
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I believe the nordic box is the same size as the europe box.

If so it should all fit if you take out the inset.

It should look something like this, but a little higher because this only has two boards:



I fit all my maps (Europe, India, Asia) in the Asia box with 4 of the Asia card holders and it rides about a 1/4 cm high. And I Fit all my cards, trains and tokens in the Europe box with 2 Asia card holders and all instructions with the inset for extra organization.

In the future I may switch to all one box but right now I am enjoying the extra organization of the inset. I have my cards all lying on their sides so they are very easy remove.


2 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
because it's all I ever wanted to be..
badge
Cloning gamers since 2003
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jcaraway wrote:
In the TTR:Europe box I have 7 sets of trains (redtraingreentrainbluetrainyellowtrainblacktrainpurpletrainwhitetrain) Extras for Asia, All Destination Tickets (except Asia x2 and Swiss) Train Cards from Marklin and 1910, Depots, Stations, Passengers, and Warehouses, Two card holders from Asia, all the pieces for Marklin, and rulebooks, Asia map + a self-made score-pad.

In the USA I got USA,Europe,India/Swiss,Nordic,and Marklin Maps.
The Asia x2 and Swiss Destination Tickets, and the other four card holders along the sides of the maps.

All fits, but I kinda wonder if it's too much to sort thru everything to find all the components to play 1 game.


Also fits with the tops closed. These are very heavy like Nu Mystic has said. I was thinking of making a wooden insert to reinforce the bottom and sides.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Wheelock
Canada
Woodstock
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
David Malki drew this!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jcaraway wrote:
Also fits with the tops closed. These are very heavy like Nu Mystic has said. I was thinking of making a wooden insert to reinforce the bottom and sides.


Honestly, it's probably easier to just add a box. The Asia and India boxes are both slim, and don't add much to the overall size of the collection.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Gansen
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I own each game except Map Collection 2 (with 1910 and E 1912). I currently put all of the boxes and rulebooks in the original N. America Box and have a separate card case ($10 walmart, by the trading cards) for the 7 sets of trains, extra pieces (passengers, stations, train cars, A&D) and train cards. The 5 boards are a little snug in the box. When I get the 2nd map collection, I will move Asia and India into a slip box and have N America, Europe, Marklin and Nordic in the large box. Works for me!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Citizen Andrew
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Here is my own solution.

Three boards fit very snugly in the expansion box braced with 4 card holders from the Asia expansion.

Everything else nicely organized in the Europe box. All 5 instruction booklets fit on top.


3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.