6 Posts

Risk Legacy» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question regarding missile and being knocked out rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Ambrose
Australia
flag msg tools
If in a game, say turn 1 before their turn, a player is knocked out while still in posession of a missile, can they use it to effect a dice roll before they have rejoined the war?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't find anything in the rules that says they can't, so yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"The mystery of life isn't a problem to solve, but a reality to experience"
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes nothing in the rules specifically does state you would be unable to use them if you are knocked out, however the eliminated player rules seem to imply that you might not be able to use them.

Risk Legacy, pg. 9 wrote:
Eliminated: If there are no legal starting territories, then you are eliminated from the game, even if a legal starting territory opens up later.

When you are eliminated, turn over your faction card and mark the
column for Eliminated for this game. Then sit back and actively
root against the person who took you out. And plot your revenge
for next game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
In the nonspoiler FAQ thread:

Tazzmann wrote:
Is a player who has been knocked out but has not yet had a chance to respawn permitted to use a missile, or are you required to have at least one unit on the board to do this? For example, I am third in a three player game. Player 1 wipes me off the board, but there are plenty of places to respawn. Can I use my missile during player 2's turn to modify their combat with player 1, or must I wait until I have had my turn and respawned some units onto my new starting location before that missile is once again available to me?

RobDaviau wrote:
Hadn't thought of that. Good question.

I would say, yes. A person who is knocked out (but not eliminated) can use missiles to affect combat. Technically, he/she is still playing the game at that point.

And what a delicious way to exact revenge. Or justice. Or vengeance. Whatever you want to call it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Ambrose
Australia
flag msg tools
Thanks for the help everyone.
Couldn't find it searching the FAQ's myself.

Was hoping for the opposite, but that was what I expected.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.