2 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Need some help on making a decision rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Sandman
Germany
flag msg tools
so, i want to buy (at first) one of these games and would like to hear some thoughts or comparison (replayability?, obvious decisions?, many paths to victory/ balanced?, funfactor in your opinion!?, is it something special?,...) from the geeks^^

Jaipur
Jambo
Yspahan
Last will
Village
Glen More

I'm mainly looking for a game that is well played with two, and know that these naturally seem to be the "J's" of my considerations just due to the fact that they are only for two players. But im somehow strongly interested in all of them right now.
so my most important criterias are:
- game should be definetly played in under 1,5 hours!
- game should not lead to some player winning over and over again!
- game can contain luck, but it should not be the main factor!
- game should make fun and show his potential as a go-to/addictive game from the very beginning, lets say first or second play!
- game should be tense and "close" in mainly every single game!
- and the most important one: my girlfriend has to like it! =) (some of her favourites are: castles of burgundy, 7 wonders, galaxy trucker, njet/ wizard, stone age, dominion, coloretto... and she hates and refuses to play: agricola, small world (i think she did not like to read all the "special abilities" over and over again in her first play or she had just a bad day and associates this game to this day .. so it is important that the game makes fun from the very beginning on. it can be medium weight but with a straightforward start!)

hope some of you might help me making a decision. if you have another ultimate game recommendation, i would like to hear it of course
(sorry for my bad english by the way^^)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Lantz
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played Jambo, Yspahan, and Last will, and would probably pick Yspahan out of those three, looking at your criteria. Last will takes a little while to get into with all those icons on the cards, and plays better with more players. I could never really see what was so special about Jambo, and it felt very lucky to me. Yspahan on the other hand works well with two, and although there are dice it is rare that I find myself completely screwed by the dice.

Perhaps you might like Macao, since you like Burgen von Burgund, which is by the same author. Thurn and Taxis is another good light-medium euro that works great with two players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.