Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark C
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
4 players require up to (4) $1s for each player, both golden (brand value) and cash. So you need 8 per player, or $32 in singles. The game comes with $26. How did I notice this? You guessed it, we ran out!

I suspect the same problem applies to stars as we have run very close to running out without having all effects in play at once.

If anyone scans in an unpunched section of the currency, it would be much appreciated as I'm thinking I would print out a few more. TIA

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk
United States
Commerce Twp.
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just use real money, cheapskate...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul M
United States
Elkhart
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Two words:

poker chips

Use poker chips for money in the game. When players get golden dollars, THEN you use the money that came with the game, but only for golden dollars, otherwise, as you've found out, you won't have enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark C
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
saturnkk wrote:
Just use real money, cheapskate...

ipgyst wrote:
Two words:

poker chips

Use poker chips for money in the game. When players get golden dollars, THEN you use the money that came with the game, but only for golden dollars, otherwise, as you've found out, you won't have enough.

Buy my own !@#$ components. Got it. yuk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Thomas
United States
North Kansas City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gamer_Dog wrote:

Buy my own !@#$ components. Got it. yuk

That's the way all CheapAss games work.....

Seriously, though it is an easy problem to solve, it seems like a rather glaring omission. If you just occassionally ran out during game play it would be less noteworthy, but not having enough to carry out the function of the game is pretty lame.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chih-Hsien Wang
Taiwan
Taipei
Taiwan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I just think it's the game's author that should make enough chips, which is considered a complete game though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
Poker chips are good to have for any number of different games, and I wholly recommend them.

Regardless, this is just stupid component design. You should actually have more like 50 1's so that you can pay for things without having to make change every time. There's a reason games come with paper money - because it's much cheaper to print than cardboard money. Also, the time I played it it was organized poorly and impossible to play effectively with them without having to organize it all again. So I got out the poker chips and we used just the golden side. This also makes it that when you drop money or it gets accidentally flipped over, it's not a big deal as they are separate components. It solves a lot of problems, but it really shouldn't be necessary to use separate components for a game of this caliber. Although, it does seem filled with strange design decisions. The base game is very solid and enjoyable, but as soon as I look through the rulebook or some of the cards that come out and just seem useless, I sigh and wonder what could have been here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.