Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
DOUGLAS BRUNDIN
United States
Akron
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I've tried to read the rules and tutorials for the Android game. I've never played the board game version.

At midnight, sometimes something bad happens, like +1-3 doom, monsters appear, etc. But I don't know WHY these things happen. I notice that on the doom track, there are monster circles. I think thay when a doom token is placed on a monster symbol that a monster appears. But Im not sure.

I know that sometimes when I pass/fail a specific location, tokens are applied to the doom track area, but I don't know if its all specifically doom.

I do know that certain locations have MIDNIGHT EFFECTS which which will trigger if the location is not defeated before midnight.

Do bad things happen when I win/lose a location? Can I predict this by looking at the win/lose symbols listed at the bottom of the location overview, before commiting to the location? If so which symbols should I be looking for? I've had to figure the symbols out for myself. I still dint know how they all work.

Thanks for the help!?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Arnold
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's random.

Some locations have that trigger, some GOOs have a midnight trigger, it's kinda all over the place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Ramsey
United States
Grove City
OH
flag msg tools
badge
Hush
mbmbmbmbmb
Dbrundin wrote:
I've tried to read the rules and tutorials for the Android game. I've never played the board game version.

At midnight, sometimes something bad happens, like +1-3 doom, monsters appear, etc. But I don't know WHY these things happen. I notice that on the doom track, there are monster circles. I think thay when a doom token is placed on a monster symbol that a monster appears. But Im not sure.

I know that sometimes when I pass/fail a specific location, tokens are applied to the doom track area, but I don't know if its all specifically doom.

I do know that certain locations have MIDNIGHT EFFECTS which which will trigger if the location is not defeated before midnight.

Do bad things happen when I win/lose a location? Can I predict this by looking at the win/lose symbols listed at the bottom of the location overview, before commiting to the location? If so which symbols should I be looking for? I've had to figure the symbols out for myself. I still dint know how they all work.

Thanks for the help!?

Download the Rule book Or one of the player aids for the Elder Sign board game. It will give you a list of all those symbols and what they do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiger Wiccan
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct about the monster spaces on the doom track.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ecosmith Ecosmith
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If the Android version is the same as the iPhone/iPad version, then the symbols are exolsined in the help guides. Access these duringbthe game by selecting the clock.

Every location, you can see the win and lose consewuences at the bottom. If the lose contains a doom icon (like a cloaked tentacle-feet figure, sort of), then if you fail that lication, one doom token gets added.

On the main museum screen, you can tap the name if tge lication at the top to get a pulldown svreen showing you what the lication contains before you commit.

At the 'select great old one' screen, you can see the complete doom track and when monsters appear on it, so if you cpunt doom tokens, you can know if a monster is due nect doom token or whatever.

As for the exact number of doom tokens added each midnight, in the boardgsme its decided by a randomly picked card, so here there shouldn't be a way of knowing before. It's 0-3 iirc.

Midnight effects csn ve seen on the main screen as for viewing consequences. If that lication is still acyive when midnight hits, its effect is used as well as the normal midnigh 0-3 doom tokens and monstet if applicable.

Eco
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.