Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So how does one go about getting copies of the promo cards these days?

Would stopping by their booth at Gencon work?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Compulsive Completist
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you buy any Summoner products from plaidhatgames you can choose one with each purchase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
I cannot speak to convention giveaway/purchase, but they are still tossing in the promo of your choice with every item purchased from their website.

Order one item, get a promo.
Order five items, get 5 promos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Arthur Ellis
United States
Ashland
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They have traditionally brought promo cards to conventions. I'd be surprised if that changed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KT
United Kingdom
Bingham
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hockey Mask wrote:
If you buy any Summoner products from plaidhatgames you can choose one with each purchase.

Is this the only way?
(Especially from the aspect of the overseas players)
If I order from abroad I'm going to get screwed by the UK customs people on import tax and I can't find any shop here that has the promos. With shipping and tax a reinforcement pack will be 3 or 4 times the cost of just buying the sans promo version from here.

*** I fully understand that plaidhat has no control over UK customs and I'm not blaming them, just lamenting the current world ***
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Or possibly the convention route it sounds like. Or trade with other people who already have them.

I guess my plan right now is to visit their booth at Gencon and try to pick them up there. If that doesn't work, I'll look into trading. I don't really want to have to order direct because then I'm essentially paying $10.50 (3x the difference between their direct price and online prices) plus shipping for 3 cards which doesn't strike me as a particularly good deal.

What would be great is if these cards were added into some future pack or put on the BGG store as a 3-pack promo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Weis
United States
California
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The Dice Tower had sets of all 3 promo cards available a couple of months ago. I'm not sure if they're still offering them, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Melcher
United States
Pleasant Grove
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
incinerator wrote:
The Dice Tower had sets of all 3 promo cards available a couple of months ago. I'm not sure if they're still offering them, though.

This.

I'm pretty certain they are still offering them too. You just have to donate a certain amount to the Dice Tower and they send you promo cards. Check out dicetower.com and I'm sure they can give you better info.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor Brígido B. Sales
Brazil
Fortaleza
Ceará
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dragon Hide wrote:
Hockey Mask wrote:

Is this the only way?
(Especially from the aspect of the overseas players)
If I order from abroad I'm going to get screwed by the UK customs people on import tax and I can't find any shop here that has the promos. With shipping and tax a reinforcement pack will be 3 or 4 times the cost of just buying the sans promo version from here.

*** I fully understand that plaidhat has no control over UK customs and I'm not blaming them, just lamenting the current world ***

Did you check the shipping cost from their website? It was well worth it for me. Although in my case i can't buy anything around here, so...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moosey
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Melch wrote:
incinerator wrote:

This.

I'm pretty certain they are still offering them too. You just have to donate a certain amount to the Dice Tower and they send you promo cards. Check out dicetower.com and I'm sure they can give you better info.

Last I looked, their web site was bad about describing this. But last I heard from old podcasts you donate $10 (+/- $5, I forget), and that gets you 2 custom Dice Tower dice. Then you may a-la-carte tack on $ ammounts for other things as you desire. One is a dice tower (forget how much $), one is $5 for 3 Summoner Wars promo cards, one is $5 for some Eminent Domain cards. If you are interested, I'd email them instead of relying on their outdated website.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Melcher
United States
Pleasant Grove
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MooseyFate wrote:
"Melch"][q="incinerator"]The Dice Tower had sets of all 3 promo cards available a couple of months ago. I'm not sure if they're still offering them, though.

This.

I'm pretty certain they are still offering them too. You just have to donate a certain amount to the Dice Tower and they send you promo cards. Check out dicetower.com and I'm sure they can give you better info.[/q wrote:

Last I looked, their web site was bad about describing this. But last I heard from old podcasts you donate $10 (+/- $5, I forget), and that gets you 2 custom Dice Tower dice. Then you may a-la-carte tack on $ ammounts for other things as you desire. One is a dice tower (forget how much $), one is $5 for 3 Summoner Wars promo cards, one is $5 for some Eminent Domain cards. If you are interested, I'd email them instead of relying on their outdated website.

The latest Dice Tower News explains it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.