Popular Tags: [View All]
William Robinson
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

My name is William Robinson, I am game scholar at Concordia University in Montreal, Quebec. I am currently in the middle of curating a portion of an exhibit called Joue le Jeu at La Gaité Lyrique. My job is have appropriate board games set up and put on display.

I was hoping that I could get some local help with this project. Essentially, I would like to find a store that might be interested in donating or loaning games (2 de Mayo, Villa Paletti, 3D Blokus, Torres, Vers le Haut (The Climbers), Metropolys). What is more, I would want that store to have someone come once a week to show people how to play the games on display. In exchange, their store would have its name prominently displayed in the exhibit, not to mention the opportunity to market their store to patrons of the museum.

http://www.gaite-lyrique.net/theme/joue-le-jeu-ete-2012

If anyone has any suggestions or contacts, I would greatly appreciate it.

Yours,

Will
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stavros G.
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mb
Game scholar? that's a nice field of study cool
I recommend you post a short message on TricTrac boards, with a backlink to your description here. There will be enough gamers from Paris who will see the message on Tric-Trac and some will answer you, no doubt.

Good luck!

Edit to clarify

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree, the majority of the French-speaking gamer community is on TricTrac, you will have more chance to find contacts there, including English-speaking ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Robinson
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks so much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
piri kou
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe could you egt in touche with the french National gaming center (http://ludotheque.com/) help you?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Robinson
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you soooo much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.