Guy Heinz
United States
Kenockee
MI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Hi all,

Trying to understand this game without owning the cardboard version and I am really not getting it. When I play a card into my opponent's chain and it is the last card in the chain (he doesnt add anymore), I know that it plays first during the resolution. I played a card that said to deal x damage to target minion and the app would only let me select one of my own minions to take the damage. When you play on somebody elses chain do the effects not damage them. Can i only do damage to my opponent in my own chain?

Thanks

Guy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

If your opponent doesn't have any minions to damage, you have to damage your own. So be careful which cards you play to your opponent's chain... ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Clark Jr
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard, be evil.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm guessing that was probably J.J. McTeague. Yea if there's no other minion out there you have to damage your own with him.

I can't remember which one it is but there is another card in the iOS version that does something similar, I've mistakenly had that one come back to bite me when the only thing to target was my own minions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raman Ohri
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
guyheinz wrote:

am really not getting it. When I play a card into my opponent's chain and it is the last card in the chain (he doesnt add anymore), I know that it plays first during the resolution. I played a card that said to deal x damage to target minion and the app would only let me select one of my own minions to take the damage. When you play on somebody elses chain do the effects not damage them. Can i only do damage to my opponent in my own chain?

The key concept there is that cards in the chain are not in play - until they execute. So if you play a minion-affecting card on your opponents chain, and he had no minions in play before starting the chain, he has no minions in play when YOUR chain cards activate. Conversely, if he played cards in his chain that affect minions and you add minions to his chain, they will be in play when his minion-affecting cards are executed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Polynesia
mbmbmbmbmb
Very easy to hurt yourself in this game. It's quite a shock

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mitchell
United Kingdom
Brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Haha just hurt myself on iPad so just come here. Thought it must be as opponent doesn't have minions. Glad to get that clarified.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.