United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Work as if you live in the early days of a better nation"
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wondering if anything had been decided about storage trays. I doubt that we'll be able to keep our OGREs "built" and manage to close the box, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

For me the Valley Games edition of Titan is the high water mark for such things:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim williamson
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From my understanding of things, we should be able to keep the Ogre's assembled and still close the box. The podcast "That's How We Roll" where they interviewed Phil Reed and Andrew Hackard, they mentioned that we would be able to do just that.

Here's a link to that podcast: http://t.co/smyXuza3
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Talorien
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cheese8242 wrote:
From my understanding of things, we should be able to keep the Ogre's assembled and still close the box.

Thanks, that's good to know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Bender
United States
New River
Arizona
flag msg tools
Rebellion to Tyrants is Obedience to God
mbmbmbmbmb
Cole Wehrle wrote:
I was wondering if anything had been decided about storage trays. I doubt that we'll be able to keep our OGREs "built" and manage to close the box, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

For me the Valley Games edition of Titan is the high water mark for such things:

Oh $#@!, that's how that tray is supposed to be used! I couldn't figure it out and may have thrown mine away. Now I must go see if I still have it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Reed
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cheese8242 wrote:
From my understanding of things, we should be able to keep the Ogre's assembled and still close the box. The podcast "That's How We Roll" where they interviewed Phil Reed and Andrew Hackard, they mentioned that we would be able to do just that.

Here's a link to that podcast: http://t.co/smyXuza3

Yes, the trays inside the box are being designed so that you do not have to take the 3-D counters apart once you are ready to pack the game back in the box. In fact, I beg people to not take those counters apart. The test counters are very durable, but I worry a lot (some say too much) and I would hate for someone to accidentally damage a piece taking it apart and putting it back together over and over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walters
United States
Hercules
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

This is great news. I really hate taking apart things like that, they *will* ultimately get wrecked. I was assuming I would store at least some of my 24 (!) Ogres outside the box. I was also assuming it was going to be zip-loc bag city inside that cavernous box, I'm excited to hear the word "trays" from Phil.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.