Subject: iOS two questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brandon S

Victoria
British Columbia
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I own both the card game with all expansions and the ios app with all promos unlocked. I have two questions about one weird thing and one rules discrepancy.

1) Wierd - Why does the highest level of AI target themselves with wounds sometimes when it will end the game doing so, I have had a game where the AI was going to win and lost for themselves on the last chain. (Note: I did NOT have a shadow seven in play and have seen this multiple times)

2) Rules discrepancy - The rulebooks from Nightfall, Martial Law, Blood Country and Coldest War all clearly state ALL MINIONS must attack but in iOS Bad Smoke doesn't attack (I dont know if other minions with 0 strength attack as Bad smoke is the only one capable of having 0 strength). Which is correct? Has their been a rule change between Coldest War and the app?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kergen ramirez
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
2. Bad smoke doesn't attack only blocks damage.

1. On the hardest level the AI will take damage purposely to end a game for a win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gregg
United States
Franklinville
NC
flag msg tools
designer
NightfallGame.com/FAQ
badge
boardgamegeek.com/thread/1234645
mbmbmbmbmb
To clarify: Bad Smoke does attack, he just hits for zero damage and thus there's no reason dragging him to attack someone etc. This changes in later sets when effects are in play that boost a minion's strength.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon S

Victoria
British Columbia
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the bad smoke clarity.

With the AI though wouldn't it still be safer to give them to the player. Or is the AI intentionally gloatey

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gregg
United States
Franklinville
NC
flag msg tools
designer
NightfallGame.com/FAQ
badge
boardgamegeek.com/thread/1234645
mbmbmbmbmb
From what I understand, the AI should only wound itself if it is in the lead AND the damage is enough to end the game AND you have something (like Bad Smoke) that can prevent the damage.

Otherwise... I'm not 100% about the AI

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
InsomniacX wrote:
I own both the card game with all expansions and the ios app with all promos unlocked. I have two questions about one weird thing and one rules discrepancy.

1) Wierd - Why does the highest level of AI target themselves with wounds sometimes when it will end the game doing so, I have had a game where the AI was going to win and lost for themselves on the last chain. (Note: I did NOT have a shadow seven in play and have seen this multiple times)
I heard the lv3 AI has done that to good effect (it's won more than a few share of games that way it seems), but odd that it lost. I figured it had a "photographic memory" and was keeping track of Wound counts, but perhaps something in your Chain threw all of that off?

s3rvant wrote:
To clarify: Bad Smoke does attack, he just hits for zero damage and thus there's no reason dragging him to attack someone etc. This changes in later sets when effects are in play that boost a minion's strength.
I always figred that was a UI convenience, and that there may be some future way where it would make a difference and you'd then get to attack with Bad Smoke to effect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon S

Victoria
British Columbia
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
InsomniacX wrote:

I heard the lv3 AI has done that to good effect (it's won more than a few share of games that way it seems), but odd that it lost. I figured it had a "photographic memory" and was keeping track of Wound counts, but perhaps something in your Chain threw all of that off?

s3rvant wrote:
I always figred that was a UI convenience, and that there may be some future way where it would make a difference and you'd then get to attack with Bad Smoke to effect.

The level 3 AI does normally win when it does this, but I have had no bad smokes or vulkos in play no shadow sevens and they still target themselves which i think is wierd.

With Bad Smoke it matters in martial law and coldest war. (and thus blood country). But I always took for granted that blocking minions did damage (being a magic player) so there was also an oversight by myself

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.