Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Heroic Brewer
United States
Royal Oak
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It says in the special character ability rules that since you don't need any interact order to use it, command points in the IPS line go on the character, and count against the character's CP limit. (James Woo, or example, can't use his ability more than twice, since it costs 2 CP per use, and his CP max is 5).

However, for equipment, you need to use an interact order. The chainsaw's IPS line, for example, requires you to spend -1 CP to use it's ability. Does this -1 CP go to the bank, or go on the character and count against his CP max? It seems like it would go to the bank, since you're already spending CP on the order, but the manual doesn't seem to be specific on it.

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Hechtl
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It goes on the order and counts against the character limit as any other CP like for moving, shooting etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Salvato
United States
Carol Stream
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
naf313 wrote:
However, for equipment, you need to use an interact order. The chainsaw's IPS line, for example, requires you to spend -1 CP to use it's ability. Does this -1 CP go to the bank, or go on the character and count against his CP max? It seems like it would go to the bank, since you're already spending CP on the order, but the manual doesn't seem to be specific on it.

(Emphasis mine)

I think you misunderstand the use of Interact.

Rulebook, page 22; "Executing an Interact Action," Arrow #1:
"Spend enough CP on an Interact order section to meet the IPS conditions."

Choosing the Interact Action from an Order Tile does not cost any CP - It simply determines the max CP you may spend on the IPS line you are interacting with.

Thus, an Interact 1 Order Tile would allow you to use the chainsaw IPS, and an Interact 4 Order Tile would allow you to use the chainsaw IPS with up to 3 extra dice on the Tech test.

However, you'd need an Interact 2 or better Order Tile to use an IPS that required spending 2CPs, such as the Missile Room.

(See Pictures 27 & 28 on page 23 of the rulebook for examples.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heroic Brewer
United States
Royal Oak
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, for whatever reason I thought the interact order and the CP cost on the IPS line were separate costs. Makes sense now.

I must have glossed over that portion of the rules on page 22 for executing interact orders.. doh!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.