Subject: Storage Suggestion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Clarke
United Kingdom
Caithness
Scotland
flag msg tools
As we all know, the Stone Age box lid cannot be closed fully without performing surgery on the insert. Now you can replace that original insert with the new insert from the expansion. This simple switch allows the components from the base game and expansion to fit comfortably in the one box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben F
United States
Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, geez, that's reason enough to get this expansion!

Sold!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Berry
United States
Denver
CO - Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
great tip (as he looks at his box not using the insert feeling silly for missing that).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Warren
United Kingdom
Wisbech
CAMBRIDGESHIRE
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Elves are very good at board games, and I'm NOT an elf!"
mbmbmbmbmb
This won't work if your copy is from the first print run

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
the great divide
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
badge
mb
JoffW wrote:
This won't work if your copy is from the first print run

Yes, I was hopeful this would work but I can't find a way to squeeze the dice cup in. Now I'm trying to decide if I should just omit it or go back to the previous box-doesn't-quite-close situation with the original insert.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Warren
United Kingdom
Wisbech
CAMBRIDGESHIRE
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jdpeters wrote:
Now I'm trying to decide if I should just omit it or go back to the previous box-doesn't-quite-close situation with the original insert.

That's what I've done, although it's now a box that definitely does not quite close!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Berry
United States
Denver
CO - Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I replaced the original stone age insert with the one included in the expansion; everything but the dice cup (which we don't use anyway) fits without issue. Just removing the insert all together would allow it to close with including the dice cup, but I really just don't like it in any case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Warren
United Kingdom
Wisbech
CAMBRIDGESHIRE
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
delewobmesid wrote:
Just removing the insert all together would allow it to close with including the dice cup

Not the case if you own a first print run copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Newman
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I experimented with my copy tonight and found that if I remove the insert, everything will fit (bagged) in the expansion box, except the dice cup. (I do use the dice cup, but since I tend to have Stone Age in another box for travel anyway, it can ride along in there.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Greuel
Benin
Dulles
Virginia
msg tools
“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." -John 3:16
badge
"Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned." -Mark 16:16
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm, my Stone Age box lid has always closed fully.

With SitG, I put everything from the expansion in the base game box and cut up one of the new dividers to split an existing compartment into two for increased organization. I love it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Mack
United States
Menifee
California
flag msg tools
designer
Lefty / Happily Married / Parent of 2 Girls / Christian / Yucata User
badge
Smack dat Ghoulie, Mr. Trolla!
mbmbmbmbmb
Highland Cow wrote:
Now you can replace that original insert with the new insert from the expansion.

Yet another item we can cannibalize from the expansion to improve our original Stone Age game experience!
1 The Huts Expansion
2 The 3 point hut (together with item 1 they make a 5th stack of huts...)
3 Bits for a 5th player (which happen to be black for all you "plays with black" folks out there.)
4 A 5th player board.
5 The insert (although I don't know what all the fuss is about--mine works just fine as is...well, without the rest of the SitG expansion parts not on this list, anyway...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.