Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Hall
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The general rule is that supporting troops in a neighbouring area (except land neighbouring sea) can support either side in a combat (but not support neutral house tokens).
Is there anything to stop you supporting your own opponent, e.g. in a fight you don't want to win because losing lets you retreat somewhere you would rather be?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taylor Bradley
United States
Bethany
OK
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gamer42_au wrote:
The general rule is that supporting troops in a neighbouring area (except land neighbouring sea) can support either side in a combat (but not support neutral house tokens).
Is there anything to stop you supporting your own opponent, e.g. in a fight you don't want to win because losing lets you retreat somewhere you would rather be?

I am pretty sure you can't support an attack against yourself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 18 of the rulebook has two rules concerning this under "Other Rules for Support Orders:

"Attacking or defending players may refuse support."

and, more importantly:

"A player may never support an opponent in combat against
his own units."

So I guess the answer is no.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While you can't provide support against yourself, you don't have to support yourself, either.
So you can do half the job of forcing a loss ..

(in any case, support can always be refused)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Hall
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks - I had missed that clear little rule about not supporting against yourself.

I think you can elect not to call for support (at all) or to refuse support. I don't think you can be selective and accept some but not others (though can't think of a reason why you would want to anyway).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.