Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Neil Glover
United Kingdom
Crawley
West Sussex
flag msg tools
Morning Guys,

So played through my 2nd game last night and I think it went really well.

One thing we were not too sure on is if you are in a room with a monster you in once space and the monster in another and it is not blocking your way through a door.

Do you have to make an evade test?

And for my 2nd question if you and it are in the same space and you attack and it does not die you then still do have to make the evade test is that correct?

Cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maddock Krug
Germany
Salzgitter
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi.

scaramanga1 wrote:
Morning Guys,

So played through my 2nd game last night and I think it went really well.

One thing we were not too sure on is if you are in a room with a monster you in once space and the monster in another and it is not blocking your way through a door.

Do you have to make an evade test?

No. No evade-test, because you are not in the same space - not even if the monster in the adjacent space is a Shoggoth ...

scaramanga1 wrote:

And for my 2nd question if you and it are in the same space and you attack and it does not die you then still do have to make the evade test is that correct?

Cheers

You only need to evade, if your investigator leaves the space after the attack which did not kill what it was supposed to kill - reason: the rules say you have to do an evade check before you do something else then attacking, but the rules don't say that once you have attacked you are free to move away, and moving away would be something else then attacking; and if you attack and do nothing else, then you do not have to make an evade-check.

All the best!
Mad
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
It's a fearful thing, to fall into the Hands of the Living God!
badge
Tell me, have you found the Yellow Sign?
mbmbmbmbmb
Any time you are in the same space as a monster, the only thing you can do for free is Attack! Everything else needs an Evade check, even movement.
So if you use your Action to Search the room, and afterwards spend one Movement to get to a space with a monster, you have to make an Evade check to spend your second Movement. If you fail, you still get to move, but are hurt by the monster in passing (so to speak).

If an investogator attacks, but the monster does not die (and he is still in the same space), refer to the above, i.e. "there is a monster in your space"...

Being only in the same room as the monster usually has no effect (other than the initial Horror check).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
It's a fearful thing, to fall into the Hands of the Living God!
badge
Tell me, have you found the Yellow Sign?
mbmbmbmbmb
MaddockKrug wrote:

No. No evade-test, because you are not in the same space - not even if the monster in the adjacent space is a Shoggoth ...

Not even if the other space is filled to the brim with two shoggoths and four Cultists who would never fit, and should spill over into your space (but don't)...
cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Glover
United Kingdom
Crawley
West Sussex
flag msg tools
Epic cheers for all the answers, we played it a bit differenty then in that case last night... haha!

But now I know for our next game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maddock Krug
Germany
Salzgitter
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dumon wrote:
MaddockKrug wrote:

Not even if the other space is filled to the brim with two shoggoths and four Cultists who would never fit, and should spill over into your space (but don't)...
cool

And then think of the secret passage with this narrow-part on it ... Or the chasm and the wooden bridge ... And then put all the creature on it! shakegoo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Forster
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dumon wrote:
MaddockKrug wrote:

cool

clearly you've never heard of Pairs Shoggoth Jousting
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juha Helin
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
scaramanga1 wrote:

Only if you move away from the space. Which brings few interesting situations.

If you are moving out from the space due to some combat related reason (or, perhaps pushed unwillingly), do you have to make evasion test? What about if you move out from the space when it has multiple monsters?

Oh yes! Rules state very clearly "before moving or performing non move action". So, keepers, keep in mind, you can cause some serious damage to the players this way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.