Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Dungeons & Dragons: Castle Ravenloft Board Game» Forums » General

Subject: Anyone else have warped\curling cards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean
United States
Mechanicsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
I don't want happiness by halves, nor is half of sorrow what I want. Yet there's a pillow I would share, where gently pressed against a cheek like a helpless star, a falling star, a ring glimmers on the finger of a hand.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys I have both this and WoA and in both games the cards (pretty much all of them) are warped\curled. Is this common? The tiles are flat so the problem affects just the cards. Would Wizards replace them even though there's technically nothing wrong with the cards, I mean the game is completely playable, it's just annoying.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine did curl a bit, but a simple "uncurling" cures that every time I play. I bend the cards back softly and they lay pretty flat.

-shnar
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro Rascon
Mexico
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Heliconia wrote:
Hey guys I have both this and WoA and in both games the cards (pretty much all of them) are warped\curled. Is this common? The tiles are flat so the problem affects just the cards. Would Wizards replace them even though there's technically nothing wrong with the cards, I mean the game is completely playable, it's just annoying.

They did replace mine from WoA.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
That's what happens when you coat thin card with ink. The only way to prevent it is to use better card stock.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesco Di Renzo
Italy
San Giuliano Terme
Pisa
flag msg tools
morgothrond wrote:

They did replace mine from WoA.

Really? Nevertheless the "golden rule" in card games (especially in those where cards are weaker or more important) is to put all the cards in sleeves such those for Magic the gathering ones! It will be easier to shuffle them and they'll last longer!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bardobbastardo wrote:
morgothrond wrote:

They did replace mine from WoA.

Really? Nevertheless the "golden rule" in card games (especially in those where cards are weaker or more important) is to put all the cards in sleeves such those for Magic the gathering ones! It will be easier to shuffle them and they'll last longer!


Excuse me?

The golden rule is NOT to sleeve cards, as it makes it HARDER to shuffle them and awful for stacking purposes

Never riffle shuffle.... that is the other golden rule for making cards last.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesco Di Renzo
Italy
San Giuliano Terme
Pisa
flag msg tools
philmcd wrote:

The golden rule is NOT to sleeve cards, as it makes it HARDER to shuffle them and awful for stacking purposes

Hum.. nope, I do not agree with you.. Have you ever played MtG?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T E
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I put my Ravenloft cards in sleeves before even playing with them. I always do this. Shuffling is so much easier, but stacking is plain awful. I'm actually contemplating building some card holders, to use whenever I play with sleeved cards.

I haven't experienced any warping of the cards.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro Rascon
Mexico
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bardobbastardo wrote:
morgothrond wrote:

They did replace mine from WoA.

Really? Nevertheless the "golden rule" in card games (especially in those where cards are weaker or more important) is to put all the cards in sleeves such those for Magic the gathering ones! It will be easier to shuffle them and they'll last longer!

Yeah, my WoA cards were a curled mess, so I just contacted their customer support and explained and they sent me a new package.

Golden rule according to who?

I absolutely loath sleeving board game cards. I do play MTG, and some decks I've sleeved.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bardobbastardo wrote:
philmcd wrote:

The golden rule is NOT to sleeve cards, as it makes it HARDER to shuffle them and awful for stacking purposes

Hum.. nope, I do not agree with you.. Have you ever played MtG?


And I do not agree with you either

Yes I have played MtG, but we are on a a Ravenloft discussion page and MtG is completely irrelevant as the cards get a completely different amount of usage.

And no, I didn't sleeve MtG cards and had no problem with them because I do not riffle shuffle. I prefer the look and feel of cards without the awful sleeves.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.