Filipe Cunha
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a considerable amount of rulesets and variants and whatnot on the files section. A friend of mine just got the dutch version and since he doesn't read english, I'm gonna read the rulebook.

Which one is the latest ruleset?

Which ones are the official variants?

and lastly, which variants are needed to make the game similar to Airlines Europe?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriele Pezzato
Italy
Padova
PD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know what the latest rule set is, but I really enjoy the game the way I play it:

1) setup. Give each player 5 regular shares instead of 4.

2) use the official championship method to create the deck (with 4 main piles and 5 6-cards piles)

3) now this is the biggest change: use the Airlines Europe rules for UP shares. After drawing the track card players have now 3 alternate options: A. Build, B. Invest, C. Exchange. You cannot draw or exchange UP shares in option A anymore. If you want them, you must choose option C. and exchange either 1 share with 1 UP or 3 shares with 2 UP. IMPORTANT: the cards you give up for UP shares can come for your hand and/or from your stock. After the exchange, don't forget to discard a track card!

Those changes give UP the great balance of Airlines Euope but without its forgiveness.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filipe Cunha
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GabrielGeek wrote:
I don't know what the latest rule set is, but I really enjoy the game the way I play it:

1) setup. Give each player 5 regular shares instead of 4.

2) use the official championship method to create the deck (with 4 main piles and 5 6-cards piles)

3) now this is the biggest change: use the Airlines Europe rules for UP shares. After drawing the track card players have now 3 alternate options: A. Build, B. Invest, C. Exchange. You cannot draw or exchange UP shares in option A anymore. If you want them, you must choose option C. and exchange either 1 share with 1 UP or 3 shares with 2 UP. IMPORTANT: the cards you give up for UP shares can come for your hand and/or from your stock. After the exchange, don't forget to discard a track card!

Those changes give UP the great balance of Airlines Euope but without its forgiveness.

Yea, I kinda thought a bit about doing that... The ONLY aspect that I prefer from UP that's not in Airlines Europe is that it's way less forgiving on the track building.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.