Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Hartloff
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, probably the dumbest thread on here, but here goes anyway. I admit, I LOVE the various frogs in each game, on the first player tokens. I am actually in the process of getting the Zombie frog tattooed on my arm (Thanks to FFP for the permission). I am now wondering if there will be a new design for the frog, or if they will use the same zombie frog?

I still have time to change my design, if they post the new one any time soon.. (hint, hint Mr. Hill)

Thank you all for such wonderful games! I know it seems like everyone has a complaint when a game comes out. I guess I am stupid, I just enjoy a game for being FUN, and the FFP games are FUN!

And, they keep my paint collection from ever drying up! See you all at Gen Con!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Williams
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
NYColts18 wrote:

I still have time to change my design, if they post the new one any time soon.. (hint, hint Mr. Hill)

Everyone has the right to do what they like with their own body, but it seems to me that worrying about having the most recent design is a little silly for something like a tattoo. After all, they could release LNoE Second Edition in another 5 or 10 years and make an entirely new zombie frog for that, and then your tattoo will be dated even if they ARE making a new one for Timber Peak.

Maybe I'm biased/ignorant since I'm the sort of person who has no interest in tattoos, but it seems to me you should settle on something that you don't mind being out of date since, sooner or later, it will be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Mold the chaos into something beautiful
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't get the impression that he cares about it being the latest frog, but just that it might be a cooler frog than the one he is planning on using.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Biodiesel
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stewi wrote:
NYColts18 wrote:

Everyone has the right to do what they like with their own body, but it seems to me that worrying about having the most recent design is a little silly for something like a tattoo. After all, they could release LNoE Second Edition in another 5 or 10 years and make an entirely new zombie frog for that, and then your tattoo will be dated even if they ARE making a new one for Timber Peak.

Maybe I'm biased/ignorant since I'm the sort of person who has no interest in tattoos, but it seems to me you should settle on something that you don't mind being out of date since, sooner or later, it will be.

Dude, that is awesome! Be sure to post pics. And who cares if a new version comes out? You've got plenty of skin!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Cunkelman
United States
Antelope
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

NYColts18 wrote:
I am actually in the process of getting the Zombie frog tattooed on my arm (Thanks to FFP for the permission). I am now wondering if there will be a new design for the frog, or if they will use the same zombie frog?

DUDE! You have two arms! Just get the new one on the other arm, or below, or on the inside, or... figure it out.

I am a huge fan of tattoos, have 7 of my own, but I always tell people to consider this: It's YOUR tattoo. Be sure YOU WANT it and don't worry about what OTHER PEOPLE THINK. If you are good with that, you will enjoy your tattoo, if not, they have lasers and creams and make-up.

I also suggest that you decide on a design, size, shape, location, color, everything and then wait... if in a month you still want everything the same then you are good to go! If not, well, then that speaks for itself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hartloff
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry everyone, this was by no means meant to be a 'heavy' post...lol.
I am going to get a FFP tattoo, and currently, I am set on the LNoE Zombie frog. That being said, I was just curious if there would be a new one that maybe I would like better.. If I don't see one, then I will get the one I have decided on, and be more then happy with it. This will be my first tattoo, and I have been thinking of it for over a year. The more I think about it, the more I want it. So, thank you for all the input, just don't put to much thought or trouble into it.. was just a fun subject.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Hills
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
post pics of your tattoo when you get it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hartloff
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will, plus I'll show you at GenCon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Strange
Australia
Dingley Village
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is going to be similar to all those tattoos people got when Bart Simpson was in his prime and now they bitterly regret it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hartloff
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think so.. first, I have not seen any other people get this tattoo, and second, I am 42 years old. This is my first, and only tattoo, and it will be high on my arm where I can show it if I want, or keep it covered to remain professional at work. I have just wanted a tattoo for awhile, and have never found the design I wanted. I like this logo, and have really learned to love these games, and admire the staff that we now see year after year in Indy. I consider this a small tribute to a company who has provided both me and my wife so many hours of entertainment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blank Francis
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
astroboyzero wrote:
This is going to be similar to all those tattoos people got when Bart Simpson was in his prime and now they bitterly regret it.

If I saw someone with a "Don't have a cow, man" Bart Simpson tattoo from the early 90s they would probably be my hero.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I expect there to be a new flying frog playing disk with an original image.
since its a stand-alone game it should include the first player token and it would be silly not to give it an original image.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Martin
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
1 Million Shogoths Killed and Counting.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey it's been two years where is the pic of this tattoo?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.