B-17: Queen of the Skies» Forums » Rules

Subject: G-9 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
michael white
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hey co-fliers do you roll for take-off? If you do please tell me how you determine outcome.
G-9 is titled "Landing on Land & Take-off (1)" but I cannot find reference to Take-off.
BTW B-29 Superfortress(this is a good game too) accommodates this aspect of the mission so I thought B-17 should somewhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandros Boucharelis
Greece
Drama
Macedonia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
ubi bene ibi patria // vidi perfutui veni
mbmbmbmbmb
b29's take off table is a must for b17 but there isnt any included, so you can always house rule and adapt the table from one game to another
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Glück muss man haben
badge
But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you… And I will beat you.
mbmbmbmbmb
dingers wrote:
Hey co-fliers do you roll for take-off? If you do please tell me how you determine outcome.
G-9 is titled "Landing on Land & Take-off (1)" but I cannot find reference to Take-off.
BTW B-29 Superfortress(this is a good game too) accommodates this aspect of the mission so I thought B-17 should somewhere.

Yes B-29 is a good simulation of flying the beast... not as much combat as B-17....

Now to your question, No the game didn't come with any rules for take-off, yet there are some rules out there for take-offs. These aren't mine so I can't post them here but if you PM me I'll connect you with the person.

Jim P cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felipe Santamaría Iraolagoitia
Spain
Usánsolo-Galdakao
Vizcaya
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Here's the Take-Off Table:
http://www.mediafire.com/?cmzo3bpthoh9i78

I have it included in my book of tables (in Spanish) as seen in the photographs, but do not use it because I think it is very difficult and a mission without that table.

My Book of Tables:

Take-Off Table (the left):

Felipe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Glück muss man haben
badge
But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you… And I will beat you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Felisan88 wrote:
Here's the Take-Off Table:
http://www.mediafire.com/?cmzo3bpthoh9i78

Take-Off Table:

Felipe

Yes those are the rules I have, but I to don't use them much as they are bothersome in a campaign structure.

Jim P cool

PS Felipe, where do these come from??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michael white
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks Felipe and Jim P....unfortunately Felipe I am unable to open the zip package on the link you gave.
Jim P if you have it (presumeably in English)can you pass it on? But you suggest it is pretty complex.
What say.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Glück muss man haben
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dingers wrote:
Thanks Felipe and Jim P....unfortunately Felipe I am unable to open the zip package on the link you gave.
Jim P if you have it (presumeably in English)can you pass it on? But you suggest it is pretty complex.
What say.

Not complex, more bothersome. You can loose your plane in a takeoff accident, or fly in loose formation the whole trip. I use it for my personal games where I can quickly roll up the next mission. For the campaign I don't recommend using it. As you have to wait another week for the next mission. That is all.

Check your PM.

Jim P
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felipe Santamaría Iraolagoitia
Spain
Usánsolo-Galdakao
Vizcaya
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Here it has another link. I hope that it could open it:

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?7kuo3vmpptvxy6m

Certainly, it is in English
I am not sure of the source of the information, but I believe that it is of the magazine "The General"

If it has some problem to open the file, send a personal mail to my direction in order that it could send it directly:
felisan88@yahoo.com

Felipe

dingers wrote:
What say.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.