Subject: Need Recommendations for 6 Players rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Toua Vang

Sacramento
California
msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm fairly new to the board gaming community and this is actually my first post on the forums but I'm in search of games that play well with 6 players. I have Catan, Dungeon Run, and Last Night on Earth and my group enjoys them even though we've only played them a few times. I'm not looking for anything really similar to those and I'm not looking for anything different from them either. I'm just looking for straight up fun 6 player games that my group and I can enjoy. We enjoy a little bit of everything and so far haven't run into a boring game yet. So hopefully the community can assist me in my time of need as I'm looking to expand.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Debien
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Battlestar Galactica: The Board Game - Knowledge of the show is not necassary. In fact, I originally tried to watch the show but found it a bit dull and slow. Playing the game made me go back and realize how wrong I was.

Power Grid - One of my favorite games and plays equally well with 4-6 players.

The Resistance - This is more of a party game but has some similarities to Battlestar as it has secret traitors as a main mechanic.

Formula D - This is a light racing game and plays better with the more people you have playing it.

7 Wonders - Quick little card drafting game. I like it, but I am usually only good for 1 or 2 plays, which takes about 30 minutes per play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G S
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The games I have:

7 Wonders
Dixit
King of Tokyo
Medici
Survive: Escape from Atlantis! + Survive: Escape from Atlantis! 5-6 Player Mini Expansion
Unnamed Object
For Sale
Airlines Europe with official 6-player variant
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Hinrickson
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
All the above are good suggestions, I would just like to throw in Condottiere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Witek W
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
“It is a civilizational wake-up call. A powerful message—spoken in the language of fires, floods, droughts, and extinctions—telling us that we need an entirely new economic model and a new way of sharing this planet.” ― Naomi Klein
badge
“Climate change has never received the crisis treatment from our leaders, despite the fact that it carries the risk of destroying lives on a vastly greater scale than collapsed banks or collapsed buildings.” ― Naomi Klein
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 for 7 wonders

I would recommend A Game of Thrones: The Board Game (Second Edition) , which is a great game, just a bit long and heavy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cesar Puga
Brazil
FLORIANOPOLIS
SC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 for all sugestions by David.

Also A Game of Thrones: The Board Game (Second Edition).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell
Netherlands
Zutphen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eketorp if you can find it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger S.
United States
Roseville
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Show Manager is great, and best with 6.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toua Vang

Sacramento
California
msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll check them all out. Battlestar Galactica sounds like a lot of fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Shipley
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
the liberal unsavory type
mbmbmbmbmb
Elfenland
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Kunes
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Power Grid - already mentioned

Railways of the World - a personal and game group favorite!

Ticket to Ride Map Collection: Volume 1 – Team Asia & Legendary Asia - The "Team Asia" version is an interesting twist of Ticket to Ride which has gotten our group's attention

meeple Keep playing...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Debien
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
oeste wrote:
Power Grid is a great game, but quite long with 6. Of course, people will sometimes say the same about one of my top 6 player recommendations, Citadels. A 6 player game of Citadels will take an hour, while a 6 player game of Power Grid is closer to 4 hours. Still, Power Grid is great. I will also give a +1 to Dixit and 7 Wonders.

4 hour game of Power Grid? I have never gotten anywhere close to that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Siwanowicz
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Transamerica is a light train game that is excellent with 6, and works well with less players as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Hinrickson
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
oeste wrote:
Power Grid is a great game, but quite long with 6. Of course, people will sometimes say the same about one of my top 6 player recommendations, Citadels. A 6 player game of Citadels will take an hour, while a 6 player game of Power Grid is closer to 4 hours. Still, Power Grid is great. I will also give a +1 to Dixit and 7 Wonders.

Wow, 4hrs for 6 player Power Grid? Who are you playing with a bunch of cadavers?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Davis
United States
New Concord
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rshipley wrote:

Mmmm...glorious 6-player Elfenland. So deliciously evil. I'd also consider Shadow Hunters as my preferred alternative to Resistance (YMMV). Perhaps Hoity Toity as well - it also works best with 6.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike G
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mb
For something light and entertaining, Ca$h 'n Gun$ is a hoot with 6.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Saboteur + Saboteur 2 (expansion-only editions)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Senki
United States
Altadena
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For good fun try Nanuk which actually gets better the larger the group. It could also serve as a warm-up / cool-down to the heavier suggestions above.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Wignall
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 for A Game of Thrones: The Board Game (Second Edition)

While functional at three players, IMHO, it's meant to be played with 6 and only 6. Forget the length of the game as the 3+ hours spent on it will be far more satisfying than 6 games of 7 Wonders.

No slam on 7 Wonders, one of my favorites to this day, however, I can recite nearly all of my AGoT sessions as though they were a movie/book, and can not say the same for 7 Wonders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clark D. Rodeffer
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bootleggers is my go-to game for straight up fun for six. Other great with six games include Here I Stand (although I prefer it with three), Cosmic Encounter (six is the sweet spot, but you'll need at least one expansion to support six if you get the Fantasy Flight edition) and I strongly second the recommendation for Nanuk with six (or more).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff King
United States
Annandale
Virginia
flag msg tools
These are all very different and play well with 6...
RoboRally
Winner's Circle
Wits & Wagers
Tsuro
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TS S. Fulk
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Liberté
Struggle of Empires
or Age of Reason

are very fun games that can go up to 6.

+1 BSG
+1 Game of Thrones

Arkham Horror is another very fun game, but your players should be willing to watch and get excited about what happens to each other (i.e., lots of down time with 6 players).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Wheelock
Canada
Woodstock
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
David Malki drew this!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll throw in a +1 for Ticket to Ride Map Collection: Volume 1 – Team Asia & Legendary Asia. The team play is great. I've never had a chance to play with three teams of two, but I think it would be even more tense.

Now, if you get that, you're going to have to get one of the Ticket to Ride base games, USA, Europe (or maybe Marklin?), because Asia doesn't come with train cards or train pieces. But you won't be sorry getting that either, because for five or fewer players, non-team TtR is a great game as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rohlfo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Citadels is a good one for 6 imo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rasmus Højslet
Denmark
Aarhus C
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll recommend ya Rex: Final Days of an Empire...
Only been playing it 5 player, but my guess is that 6 player is even better

+ 1 Citadels
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.