Popular Tags: [View All]
YH Low
Singapore
flag msg tools
Swords & Stationery
badge
Swords & Stationery
mbmbmb
I'm playing PS on Fantasy Strike now, and try as I may, I can't find a good strategy to beat Argargarg. His ability to keep throwing wounds your way is frustrating, and impedes the chance of getting a nice hand every turn. Question for the pros: how would you counter his attacks?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Apollo Andy
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Econ, econ, econ. That doesn't necessarily mean just buying gems, but you'll find that once you have some $, a couple of roundhouses, one of each's, it's combo times, and especially DCG's will go a long way to mitigating Arg's wounds. Like, I really don't care what else is in my hand if I have a roundhouse and DCG. It's hard to do, but actually ignoring the wounds completely and focusing on getting some premium chips into your deck is generally the right way to go.

Also, Self Improvement is ridiculously good against Arg.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YH Low
Singapore
flag msg tools
Swords & Stationery
badge
Swords & Stationery
mbmbmb
Thanks. I just played against him using Rook, and I'm seeing more wins now. Previously I was using Midori, and just couldn't find a way to beat him. Rook, however, just whoops him completely. I also find that Rook's Stone Wall ability works really well against Argargarg. One chip completely obliterates his Crash chips. And Strength of Earth is just wicked. I don't even have to worry about getting Combine chips; I can easily get the opponent into the danger zone very early into the game.

And, if the bank has Stolen Purples, well that just seals the deal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.