Recommend
18 
 Thumb up
 Hide
25 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: Bombay for $9.99 on Tanga rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rick Baptist
United States
Highland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.tanga.com/deals/bombay-the-board-game?utm_source=...

$9.99 + $6.99 shipping, limit 6.

Bombay is an excellent value for this price. I recommend picking it up.
9 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike G
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
So, is this being dumped on Tanga because of the smell?
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
SlikkRikk wrote:
Bombay is an excellent value for this price. I recommend picking it up.

I agree. If you like light to light-medium pickup-and-deliver games, this is a nice one.

Sure, the plastic can smell. That's not enough to keep me away from the game, though.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Lloyd
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
Left Hand Reviews w/ Clawlan!
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
falluper wrote:
So, is this being dumped on Tanga because of the smell?


that thread makes me think of this: http://goo.gl/Ax9ch yuk
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Boat
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
SlikkRikk wrote:
http://www.tanga.com/deals/bombay-the-board-game?utm_source=...

$9.99 + $6.99 shipping, limit 6.

Bombay is an excellent value for this price. I recommend picking it up.


Bought one. I only did a tiny amount of research on the game before pulling the trigger, but I love the look of the components and I generally trust Ystari.

Thanks for the link!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duke Of Lizards
United States
Montpelier
Vermont
flag msg tools
Livin's mostly wasting time, and I waste my share of mine
badge
I am a breathing time machine
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Why do I have this stupid ad for an Esquire subscription in the Tanga box!?

Sorry, not trying to thread-jack. Consider that a rhetorical question
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Parker
United States
Aggieland
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
You're only young once...but you can be immature the rest of your life!!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Watch this review before you buy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2wUO6pMWZs&feature=player_em...
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Boat
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
polychrotid wrote:
Why do I have this stupid ad for an Esquire subscription in the Tanga box!?

Sorry, not trying to thread-jack. Consider that a rhetorical question


I've been having the same problem. Tanga hasn't shown me a board game sale in over a month. I would totally missed Bombay, just like I missed the Dragon Rampage sale a few days ago.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
polychrotid wrote:
Why do I have this stupid ad for an Esquire subscription in the Tanga box!?


But it's Brooklyn Decker!!! What more could you want?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
texasgeoker wrote:

Sometimes, Tom is just plain wrong. Like when he believes that you could pass all game and have a competitive score.

I can understand not liking Bombay because it is too "simple", or because there are no ways to attack other players, or because you just don't like pickup-and-deliver games, or because the components smell, or any of a hundred other reasons. But disliking it because you can get 1 rupee for passing your entire turn is not a valid reason to dislike it. It just isn't.
11 
 Thumb up
0.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher M
United States
Flowood
MS
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
texasgeoker wrote:


I disagree with this review (along with many of Tom's reviews). I think this game is a rather good.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Walden
United States
Minneapolis
MN
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't realize that there were games that Tom doesn't like.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike G
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
JesterPoet wrote:
I didn't realize that there were games that Tom doesn't like.

Then I suggest you check out his infamous Vasco da Gama review.

5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Boat
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
falluper wrote:
JesterPoet wrote:
I didn't realize that there were games that Tom doesn't like.

Then I suggest you check out his infamous Vasco da Gama review.



I almost always disagree with Tom's reviews, but I must say, when someone hates a game enough to throw it off a rooftop I tend to avoid a purchase. whistle
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick C.
United States
Milford
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Because I served, I will resist
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
polychrotid wrote:
Why do I have this stupid ad for an Esquire subscription in the Tanga box!?

Sorry, not trying to thread-jack. Consider that a rhetorical question


Not the first time. The other day the ad was for, I believe, NFL shirts when the game was Wicked Witches Way. I only knew about the game - one that I've been wanting for a while now - because of Tanga's email.

There seems to be glitch on what's being transmitted to BGG's ad panel. Is it Tanga causing the problem or is it BGG?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
RhodesN7 wrote:
I almost always disagree with Tom's reviews, but I must say, when someone hates a game enough to throw it off a rooftop I tend to avoid a purchase. whistle


Too bad, it's an excellent game. Tom was just too proud to admit he screwed up the rules.

And given that he talks about the silly do nothing strategy that has no chance of being competitive, he probably screwed Bombay up as well.

At this price, Bombay is an excellent buy.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick C.
United States
Milford
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Because I served, I will resist
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Tom seems like a really great person and gamer. And he's a great reviewer, at least in terms of giving you an idea of what a game is about.

I just found that he likes too many games, at least historically. At some point it seems like he decided to go hyper critical on some titles.

After buying too many games that he liked and I didn't I decided to mostly ignore his specific buy/don't buy advice. Instead I incorporate his views more with others to get a bigger picture of whether I'll like a game or not. Since then I've been making much better buying decisions.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandeep Kharkar
United States
Bountiful
UTAH (UT)
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got 6 copies!shake
Group order for a bunch of people at work.
Can't go wrong for 12 bucks!
Thanks.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...game pleasure in wood
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
texasgeoker wrote:


Vasel was just plain off on this review.

The pass-your-turn-for-1-point option cannot produce a winning score against halfway decent players, and this has been heavily discussed on the Bombay forums here, including extensive response directly from the game's designer, Cyril Demaegd LINKhttp://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/3726874#3726874.

You'd really be doing yourself a disservice by taking Vasel's review of Bombay too seriously...
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Doran
United States
Simi Valley
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's a good game. It is rather light and can be played very quickly but it's definitely an interesting game and I find it enjoyable to play. A good 5 person filler. It has great components and... Awesome pink elephants!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph T
United States
Signal Hill
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone else want to join in an order for the LA/OC area?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
joel siragher
United States
silver spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you remember Dr bombay from The original black and white TV show Bewitched. I Think my current doctor practices with him.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geert Vinaskov
Belgium
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just posting to say this is a fun game, and plays quickly. Always nice to have games that have five-player euro's that take less than an hour to play.

It also reminds me of Maharadja, not only because of the theme, but because it plays very Krameresque: with action points, and different actions and ways to score points.

And I don't see this game as very light. It's rather light-medium.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Boat
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Geert Vinaskov wrote:
I'm just posting to say this is a fun game, and plays quickly. Always nice to have games that have five-player euro's that take less than an hour to play.

It also reminds me of Maharadja, not only because of the theme, but because it plays very Krameresque: with action points, and different actions and ways to score points.

And I don't see this game as very light. It's rather light-medium.


Krameresque is exactly what I was hoping to get out of this one. Can't wait to find it on my doorstep!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.