Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Badura
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have just added a Web Link 1841v2 PBEM Spreadsheet with a Google Docs spreadsheet for playing 1841v2. See the Web Link entry for more details.

Here you can ask for help (if needed), report bugs or propose improvements.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Romano
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
Hi Adam,

I'm looking at the 1841v2 spreadsheet you've made, and it looks very nice. I don't understand how to use it, however. Here are a few questions I have:

1) Where on the spreadsheet do I enter run revenues? Let's say that SFTC runs for 120 in OR2 and pays. In which cell of which tab would I enter that value?

2) Where on the spreadsheet do I keep track of player and company expenditures? Let's say I buy a share of SFTC from the company treasury for 100. Where do I debit myself 100 and credit SFTC with 100? And what about when SFTC spends 200 to buy a 3T? Where do I enter that?

3) How does the end-of-round-stuff work? What, if any, initializations need to be done to get the sheet ready for the next round?

Looking forward to your answers,

Jim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Badura
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I could try to answer the questions directly but I belive that example would be more useful. So here you go:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Au9MjrJNgPESdFM...
This is a second test game after which I "released" this spreadsheet.

Note that some columns/rows (for unused players, historical railroads) are hidden. But that doesn't change anything in your questions.

If that doesn't help you enough let me know!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Romano
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
That example does answer my questions. Can't wait to try it out myself. Thanks!

Jim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Badura
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have just updated the spreadsheet to version 2.3 (from 2.2).

Beside some minor internal improvements I have added two scripts:
(1) to randomize players order and
(2) to reorder players after ICR (according to rules).

Those actions are available from "Game" menu in main menu. That menu usually does not show immediately after opening the spreadsheet and you have to wait a bit until it does. This is a "feature" of Google Apps Script.

Both actions reorder players and everything that belongs to those players. In particular shares and moves.

Sadly as it seems Google Apps Scripts are rather slow. It really takes time to complete those scripts and you should not act until they are done. Also each and every single action done by a script is a single modification to the spreadsheet so undoing those actions is a long and painful process.

It might be wise to make a "marker" in revision history in case you would need to undo or make a backup copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.