Subject: ...guess it's back in print, then! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Grant Alexander
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just found Alhambra Big Box at my FLGS. Hooray! I paid $80 for it, which I felt was reasonable.

Now, the only question is... what am I going to do with the Small Box?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L H
United States
Lehi
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know if it is back in print, but my FLGS has it in stock too. They have always had it in stock fro that matter...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Alexander
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cannibal Ox wrote:
Trade it away.

A friend inadvertently bought Alhambra the Card Game when she wanted the board game shake, so I gave it to her.

xldh wrote:
I don't know if it is back in print, but my FLGS has it in stock too. They have always had it in stock fro that matter...

I visit this store once or twice a month, so I can say with certainty that it was only stocked recently.

I'm wondering now if it's possible that the game hasn't, in fact, been reprinted. Maybe the distributor had a few copies kicking around. Is that possible?

For what it's worth, my copy of the game didn't come with a leather coin bag. Instead, there were three patterned fabric drawstring bags. That's probably a useful clue for any would-be detectives out there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Was definitely out of print, but is being reprinted, and is shipping in bundles as part of the Speculation Kickstarter.

As far as full distribution to OLGS and FLGS, Frank Thyben's official word is that it will be "hopefully available in May".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
Enter something witty here
badge
These aren't really my legs
mbmbmbmbmb
What are my chances that CSI will get them in stock any time soon? I've seen them in my LGS but it's full MSRP. My collection is still new and I'm trying to avoid paying full MSRP if I can.

My spouse and I both really want this game though so we may end up buckling but for the time being I'd like to see my money stretch as far as possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
redeux wrote:
What are my chances that CSI will get them in stock any time soon? I've seen them in my LGS but it's full MSRP. My collection is still new and I'm trying to avoid paying full MSRP if I can.

My spouse and I both really want this game though so we may end up buckling but for the time being I'd like to see my money stretch as far as possible.

Definitely hold off. With a confirmed reprint coming no matter how long it takes to get to CSI, you could take the extra $30 you'd be spending by being impatient and invest it in another new game to enjoy while you wait.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
Enter something witty here
badge
These aren't really my legs
mbmbmbmbmb
NuMystic wrote:

Definitely hold off. With a confirmed reprint coming no matter how long it takes to get to CSI, you could take the extra $30 you'd be spending by being impatient and invest it in another new game to enjoy while you wait.

Sweet, thanks for the quick reply. I guess we'll keep holding off. I just didn't want to keep telling my spouse that it'll come in stock eventually if it's not going to be. She's on board with saving money though so even though it's been a pain waiting for some games to restock, it's definitely been worth it so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.