Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

World War II: Barbarossa 1941» Forums » General

Subject: Battles on the Danube and new units bought... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a note to fans of this game that the new Battles on the Danube expansion has arrived in stores. Well, my FLGS, anyway.

I picked up this and one of each of the third wave (by my count) of the new Soviet and German units.

I haven't even broken the shrink on this stuff yet, so I'll need to submit a follow up post soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bought these late Friday evening and I still haven't broken it out. I need to, just to determine if the new rules for the game are included!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I broke open my Battle on the Danube box. Inside are the revised and expanded 2.0 rules; one player aid sheet; cards, pens, and swabs; and a bunch of new models: armored and unarmored trains, armored river patrol boats, Romanian troops, Soviet border troops, and markers for Fire and Smoke.

Flipping through the rules, I still don't know what the stacking limit in a hex is. But players now have some simple TO&E info for building various types of units.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goblin Wizard
Poland
flag msg tools
BradyLS wrote:
Flipping through the rules, I still don't know what the stacking limit in a hex is.

Rulebook page 12 "Group Cards" - "Each group can include a maximum of 3 vehicle units and 6 infantry or artillery units."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Holy cow! You're right! That's a lot to put in one hex!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
mb
BradyLS wrote:
But players now have some simple TO&E info for building various types of units.

What's TO&E?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TO&E = Table of Organization and Equipment.

What equipment and troops compose the small units that are in turn organized to form a larger one.

The scenario book for Battles on the Danube tells you—in game terms—how many and what kind of figures make up several different types of units. Such as a German Motorized Regiment, for example.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Brown
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If Samurai Battles does not come out soon, I'm gonna have to give in and get some.shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaufschtick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BradyLS wrote:
TO&E = Table of Organization and Equipment.

What equipment and troops compose the small units that are in turn organized to form a larger one.

The scenario book for Battles on the Danube tells you—in game terms—how many and what kind of figures make up several different types of units. Such as a German Motorized Regiment, for example.

I printed all the scenarios and organizational stuff right off the Zvezda website for free, just as an FYI, for those who want to look before they leap.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.