Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alfonso Hidalgo
Spain
San Fernando (Cadiz)
CADIZ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Hi, I'm playing TK for the first time and I have a question.

Can the US enter the war if there is no pacific war marker in the pacific war status when the game go to total war?

I have been looking for a way to get US enter the war but the only way I have found is using the US entry marker, and this marker only get into play when Pacific Total War marker is removed from the turn track.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike L
msg tools
I am no expert but as I understand the rules, the US enters the war only when the US Entry marker is removed from the turn track. Essentially, in the TK only game (not the combined TK/DS), US Entry must be triggered by Total War in Europe. Also, it does not matter whether or not the Pacific Limited War marker was in effect when Total War breaks out.

The sequence is:

1. When the European War State marker is moved to Total War, the Pacific Total War marker is always placed 1 seasonal turn ahead on the turn track (Step 4 under 12.3), regardless of whether there was a Pacific Limited War marker in play at the time or not.

2. When the Pacific Total War marker is removed from the turn track, you roll to see if it is placed in the Western or Soviet War Box. If it is Pacific Total War with Britain, then you place the US Entry marker 2 seasonal turns ahead on the Turn Track. If it is Pacific Total War with the Soviets, then you place the US Entry marker 1 seasonal turn ahead on the Turn Track. (14.26.2)

3. When the US Entry marker is removed from the turn track, end any US policy or truce. The US enters the war. (14.37.4)

This means, in the TK only game, the US always enters the war 2 or 3 seasonal turns (Soviets = 2, British = 3) after the European War State goes to Total War.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfonso Hidalgo
Spain
San Fernando (Cadiz)
CADIZ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thank you very much Mike. I had misunderstood the 12.3 step 4 rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.