Popular Tags: [View All]
M C
United States
Honolulu
HI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I normally like a much more detailed overview of the gameplay, but I took the plunge anyway. I think the theme(social message) is really important to me, I just hope that the theme is not at the expense of the game, you know?

I am a little concerned that the backers don't seem to be hard core board gamers, and that the designers don't seem to be active on BGG.

So did you back it? What are your expectations?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Smeltzer
United Kingdom
Leeds
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm intrigued - I submitted the entry to BGG after seeing it. I haven't backed it; I've only backed one thing on Kickstarter, partly because I'm not sure whether the perks of backing are likely to make a transatlantic crossing for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M C
United States
Honolulu
HI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bagpuss42 wrote:
I've only backed one thing on Kickstarter, partly because I'm not sure whether the perks of backing are likely to make a transatlantic crossing for me.

Thanks for adding the game, BTW. I left a comment urging the developers to get involved in the BGG community, lets see how they respond.

Hawaii and Alaska are sort of in a sweet spot for kick-starter shipping. Due to the rules, we always get the same rate as Continental US, which is nice for us. Your shipping would be about $10 more right? That isn't too bad, but you also have to pay VAT and stuff like that, right? Or are you just worried they they will not ship the extras over seas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Smeltzer
United Kingdom
Leeds
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sirius23 wrote:
Or are you just worried they they will not ship the extras over seas?

Exactly. The project I backed will send me rewards through cyberspace.

I did assume that the project's owners would be paying shipping costs, and I still can't see where Kickstarter mentions this one way or the other. Not sure what the rules are on VAT - I've had stuff sent from the States without being charged by customs, but I think it may kick in over a certain value.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim P.
United States
Thousand Oaks
CA
flag msg tools
Visit the Wargame Bootcamp guild
badge
Muppet !
mbmbmbmbmb

On the fence about this, it sounds interesting but is it meaty enough ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M C
United States
Honolulu
HI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
oi_you_nutter wrote:

On the fence about this, it sounds interesting but is it meaty enough ?

I am with you. The tactical play description in the questions section was interesting, but vague. It gave me some hope. Especially this part:

Quote:
"The Radical player chooses randomly from a small deck of objective cards and both players choose their tactics for the game. Victory is achieved by the Radical player if they complete their objectives in an allotted number of rounds. The Police player only gets a small piece of flavor text as a hint to the objectives of the radical player, and their objective is to keep the radical player from gaining victory points and completing their goals. Many of the objectives relate to acquiring Strike chips (by causing economic loss through blockades, pickets, occupations etc.) or by gaining Media chips (representing media coverage).

There are five threat levels in the game ranging from Zero to Four. Threat level begins at Zero and is raised when the Radical player uses certain tactics or takes certain actions. Each of the Police players tactics and actions have a Threat level associated with it, and if the current Threat level is lower than that associated with an action or tactic the police player uses, then the Radical player gains Media chips and action points.

Because the Threat Level is most often at the discretion of the Radical player, and their tactics can be tailored to their secret objective, the radical player has more control over the tone and pace of the contest. The police player however is far more consistent in play and can also apply much greater levels of physical force."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John McD
Scotland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it looks fascinating, but very early in the development process.

I'd love to think it was going to be a winner and the theme is very interesting to me, but the fact they've taken public when they seem to have only vague ideas of how it will play is worrying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.