Michael Hopcroft
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I ran a couple of wargame tournaments at GameStorm 14 last month that went pretty well. I will probably be asked to run tournaments again.

The problem is -- tournaments in what games?

I ran The Napoleonic Wars and Manoeuvre with good results. But I'm wondering what else I can try, and get plenty of lead time to buy and learn. I'm also wondering if I should restrict myself to multi-player games next year.

I could always run Nappy again -- it's a favorite game around here -- but what other options do I have, especially that people would be interested in playing for the first time and that can support 3-6 and be interesting at all those levels of number of players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Osnabrück
flag msg tools
                                                             oooo                             ooo                             o    o                                      o     
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael Hopcroft wrote:
what other options do I have, especially that people would be interested in playing for the first time and that can support 3-6 and be interesting at all those levels of number of players.

How should running a tournament with everyone against each other in a 3-6 player wargame work? The only idea I have would be finding a wargame with a scoring mechanism (victory points?) and players bid points for the faction they want to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Val Ruza
Canada
Elmira
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here I Stand and Virgin Queen and/or Twilight Struggle and 1989: Dawn of Freedom!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.