Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ted Duby
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9)
mbmbmbmbmb
Under the goal for this mission there is a second sentence and I am not clear if this is part of the goal or part of the reward:

"The flagship has +2 shields."

If it is part of the reward, shouldn't the card say "REWARD:"?

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure the "+2 shields" is the second line (and part) of the goal.

If you compare Exocomps to Phase Cloaking Device (both shown below), the former says "Your flagship has +2 shields" whereas the latter says "Your flagship gets +5 defense" (emphasis mine). "Has" implies a goal (e.g. you should already have it), whereas "gets" implies a reward (e.g. you get it if you achieve the goal).

I agree that the rewards for these missions should be more clearly indicated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacovis
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe item mission effects that are not listed under "reward" actually remain as in-play effects. Not that this is stated anywhere in any form of clear manner (as much as I love this game, the rulebooks are a bit obnoxious). The reason I think Exocomps actually give you a reward of a shield bonus is because they helped Enterprise on the tv show and shields is a good way to represent a consistent reward like that (and the game is thematic if nothing else!)

Considering all that and the previous comment, the defining of get or has would be nice, but also making it more clear which part of the text belongs with the line above and which belongs to the line below would be nice.

Cheers! (and I look forward to Alex's input on this)

Jacovis

Edit: also, adding something like items without adding anything about them in the rulebook was excessively obnoxious, imho.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Fanchi
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in agreement with Jacob. I believe it is meant to be a lasting effect for the player that completes the mission. If it had been a requirement, it would have been printed as "2+ Shields", rather than "+2 Shields".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin DeOlden
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
badge
3D board game prints: www.3dhubs.com/service/3dgaming
mbmbmbmbmb
They are lasting rewards added to your flagship.
For better and quicker answers you can ask on the Bandai forums where they games forum admins will answer the questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Duby
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9)
mbmbmbmbmb
tawnos76 wrote:
They are lasting rewards added to your flagship.
For better and quicker answers you can ask on the Bandai forums where they games forum admins will answer the questions.

Thanks for the answer.

By the way, I am in the middle of compiling a manifest of cards for both games with comments/(hopefully) clarifications on cards that are unclear in their effect text.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.