Angry Augury
Japan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have requested and received a replacement board, can you please tell me when you made your initial request to FF?

If you haven't received your board yet, I don't necessarily need to know that information but if you do want to share the date you requested it, that would be fine.

Thanks.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Kempf
United States
Jefferson City
MO
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: A question for those who have received a replacement board from FF...
Requested Feb 27th, received March 28th.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: A question for those who have received a replacement board from FF...
Requested Feb 22nd, yet to receive it.
Checked with them on Apr 3rd, haven't sent it yet soblue
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Navander
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
Re: A question for those who have received a replacement board from FF...
On April 3rd FFG emailed me that they soon would receive a new shipment of replacement boards, and will start processing all remaining requests in the order they were received. And that I can expect the new board within the next several weeks.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Reil
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Requested early January. Received late March.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Dickie
United Kingdom
South Leverton
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Requested 7 December. No sign of it as yet. I'm not terribly impressed.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Paul
Iceland
Reykjavik
None
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Requested 30th of December. No sign of it here either. Also not impressed.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David K.
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Notified On December 5, 2011

Received emails on these days:

December 6
January 23
February 20
February 29

Board Received on March 1
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Wignall
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Initial Email request went out:
03.20.12

No Response, re-submitted:
03.23.12

Email Response received: (They received new boards, first in first out)
03.29.12

Current Status (No board, no response, no nothing)
04.22.12




1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Paul
Iceland
Reykjavik
None
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems like most of the americans in the threads have received their boards, at least the ones who contacted FFG in the last few months. Almost none of the international people have received theirs. They must've started with the US...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angry Augury
Japan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ReggieMinted wrote:
Notified 29 Nov
Received 11 Apr

But that was only after I had heard little and then got the email (again) early April saying thanks for your request and they were sending out boards in order they were requested. So I sent a shittogram reply straight back with my original emails attached saying I had obviously slipped through the cracks and have been forgotten about - and to be fair they apologised and I had it a week later.


I sent a similar request stating that it seems my order has been forgotten. Customer service said that the boards are shipped directly from the printer. I wrote back again saying perhaps my address never reached the printer and asked if they could look into it. I got another reply shortly after assuring me it was there without any reassurance that the matter was actually looked into.

It looks like I'll have to send another mail out soon based on what I've learned in this thread so far.

murksofus wrote:
Seems like most of the americans in the threads have received their boards, at least the ones who contacted FFG in the last few months. Almost none of the international people have received theirs. They must've started with the US...


It certainly seems to be that way. I don't think I'm too comfortable with the apparent policy that customers living in the US deserve better customer service than those outside the country.

If it truly was "first come, first served" those of us waiting since Nov/Dec would have at least had ours put in the mail by now, regardless of where we live. But it seems every time a new US customer needs one, FF cuts them to the front of the line and keeps us waiting. Not cool at all. I wonder if those who needed a replacement board for their first replacement--and got them already--pushed us back even more.

This was my first time having to deal with FFG's customer service and I thought it would be a smooth transaction, based on comments I read in the past, but they've turned out to be the worst I've had to work with.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
n107 wrote:
ReggieMinted wrote:
Notified 29 Nov
Received 11 Apr

But that was only after I had heard little and then got the email (again) early April saying thanks for your request and they were sending out boards in order they were requested. So I sent a shittogram reply straight back with my original emails attached saying I had obviously slipped through the cracks and have been forgotten about - and to be fair they apologised and I had it a week later.


I sent a similar request stating that it seems my order has been forgotten. Customer service said that the boards are shipped directly from the printer. I wrote back again saying perhaps my address never reached the printer and asked if they could look into it. I got another reply shortly after assuring me it was there without any reassurance that the matter was actually looked into.

It looks like I'll have to send another mail out soon based on what I've learned in this thread so far.

murksofus wrote:
Seems like most of the americans in the threads have received their boards, at least the ones who contacted FFG in the last few months. Almost none of the international people have received theirs. They must've started with the US...


It certainly seems to be that way. I don't think I'm too comfortable with the apparent policy that customers living in the US deserve better customer service than those outside the country.

If it truly was "first come, first served" those of us waiting since Nov/Dec would have at least had ours put in the mail by now, regardless of where we live. But it seems every time a new US customer needs one, FF cuts them to the front of the line and keeps us waiting. Not cool at all. I wonder if those who needed a replacement board for their first replacement--and got them already--pushed us back even more.

This was my first time having to deal with FFG's customer service and I thought it would be a smooth transaction, based on comments I read in the past, but they've turned out to be the worst I've had to work with.


I'v dealt with FFG customer service before and they were always wonderful. Even shipped me parts that I lost simply because I asked them to, and were very quick about it.

This matter of the boards seems different, though, and I don't know what's causing this problem for them.
I've read somewhere that their service downgraded since Thaad left (their old customer service representative).

As for the US, just a guess, but it seems like internationally they're sent right from the printers, while to US customers they might have sent it from their offices (they DO have supplies, after all). That would explain the time difference, though might not justify it ..
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Libonati Rocha
Brazil
Curitiba
Paraná
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, why a replacement board? I fell lost
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
libonati wrote:
Sorry, why a replacement board? I fell lost


Look here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/734125/a-message-from-ff...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
salem .
Australia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I requested mine Jan 19th. Got email saying they'd ship around Feb 14th.

Got later email on Feb 21st saying they'd started shipping them and I should get it within a month.

I sent follow up email on April 5th asking if my board had been shipped.
Got reply the next day saying they didn't have tracking information for boards (which wasn't what I asked. I just wanted to know whether it had been shipped at all, not where about in the world it had got to). They did say "your board will make its way to you as soon as it can".

Still no board. Still no confirmation of whether it's been shipped.

I give them kudos for intent and responsiveness, but their execution is sorely lacking.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Watkins
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Have people played with the bad board? Tips? I'm thinking of trying amazing tape or something. Maybe even just weigh it down before play. Any disastrous results? I kwow you can kind of will the crease towards more static areas, but I've also seen the board morph just sitting around. Thoughts?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hatton
United States
Westland
Michigan
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Contacted FFG March 15th. Board showed up today.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Fuller
United States
Cedar Rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Requested mid February. Rec'd March 20ish. Alas, board was damaged in shipping. Rec'd Replacement for the replacement today. YAY!!!!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Franka
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Requested April 2nd. Received nothing so far, but given the wait times mentioned in this thread, that's not surprising. I appear to be at the back of the line based on request date and likely still have some waiting ahead of me. soblue
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Initial request December 8, 2011. Received February 28, 2012. Replacement board wasn't cut right. Asked for another one. Second replacement board shipped March 6, 2012. This one was better, though not 100%.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Hall
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I just bought a new copy of this game, which arrived this morning and I probably won't be able to look at until the weekend (work angry).
Should I expect a problem? I think it was shipped from the UK.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Paul
Iceland
Reykjavik
None
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Colonelgordy wrote:
Requested mid February. Rec'd March 20ish. Alas, board was damaged in shipping. Rec'd Replacement for the replacement today. YAY!!!!


Wow, requested 2 months after many international buyers, and has already received not one but -two- replacement boards since...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Hurp
United Kingdom
Aldershot
Hampshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, international customer certainly seem to be 2nd class citizens to FFG.
Requested mine 7th December, last communication received was 21st Feb. telling me it would be 2-4 weeks.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
salem .
Australia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
AEG shipped out replacement Thunderstone cards within a few days of me contacting them, which arrived within a week or so. That's the kind of customer service a player can appreciate. FFG, however, are sorely lacking here. I had heard good things about them previously for customer service, but this is a debacle. Perhaps it's not their fault, and the printer is the once causing the initial and additional issues. in which case, FFG should probably look at moving their operations to someone who won't balls it up.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
salemchrist wrote:
AEG shipped out replacement Thunderstone cards within a few days of me contacting them, which arrived within a week or so. That's the kind of customer service a player can appreciate. FFG, however, are sorely lacking here. I had heard good things about them previously for customer service, but this is a debacle. Perhaps it's not their fault, and the printer is the once causing the initial and additional issues. in which case, FFG should probably look at moving their operations to someone who won't balls it up.


The problem here, I believe, is finding the cause for the defective boards, and fixing it with a new production cycle - for quite a large quantity.
It is understandable that it might take time for such a large quantity of boards, which are regardless a bit harder to produce than cards.

FFG's problem in this case is lack of comunication.
Answering mails in great delay, not telling us what happens, forgetting to ship and delaying early customers, etc.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.