Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Off The Shelf Board Game Reviews
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I cannot post this on the kickstarter page since I am not a backer yet (sorry SJG's I own a bajillion GURPS RPG books so I am a fan of the company) but might I suggest a 300k stretch goal?

How about you authorize Litko ( www.litko.net/ ) with proofs of the Ogres so we can actually order none cardboard miniatures (the cardboard is the thing stopping me from backing).

I have children, paying $100 for cardboard just scares me =)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bohm
United States
Appleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Re: $300,000.00 Stretch Goal?
Looking at this site, it looks like $6 gets you 10 2d counters or 5 3d renditions (the AA guns look cool). Looking at the speculated number of units from 100-200 wouldn't it cost you anywhere from $600-$1,200 for square 2d counters to double that for 3d? By comparison you'd only be able to get 16-17 counters for around $100.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Linden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LordHellfury wrote:

You may as well just buy the actual metal Ogre minis. (I just found out a couple days ago SJG still carries SOME OF them) It would be cheaper than Litko it seems for better quality.

One of the proposed stretch goals is that SJG would make the minis available again. Right now they don't have much available, and have not for years.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Eng-Kohn
United States
Poughkeepsie
New York
flag msg tools
Lost Gamer
badge
I want to live here
mbmbmbmbmb
Grumsh wrote:
I cannot post this on the kickstarter page since I am not a backer yet (sorry SJG's I own a bajillion GURPS RPG books so I am a fan of the company) but might I suggest a 300k stretch goal?

How about you authorize Litko ( www.litko.net/ ) with proofs of the Ogres so we can actually order none cardboard miniatures (the cardboard is the thing stopping me from backing).

Hey, they Could just authorize me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Off The Shelf Board Game Reviews
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Never Knows Best wrote:
Looking at this site, it looks like $6 gets you 10 2d counters or 5 3d renditions (the AA guns look cool). Looking at the speculated number of units from 100-200 wouldn't it cost you anywhere from $600-$1,200 for square 2d counters to double that for 3d? By comparison you'd only be able to get 16-17 counters for around $100.

I mainly meant for the Ogres themselves since to a 3 year old they would look like the ultimate toy to play with for the 5 minutes it would survive prior to destruction.

bengkohn wrote:
Grumsh wrote:

Hey, they Could just authorize me!

That's about what I was imagining from Litko actually. Looks great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Reed
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We have a laser in-house and use it for prototyping. At the moment we don't have the bandwidth to discuss licensing Ogre to someone to make materials; we need to get this game done and off to print.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Rock

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bengkohn wrote:

That's actually really cool looking. I like it. It almost looks like candy. :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Eng-Kohn
United States
Poughkeepsie
New York
flag msg tools
Lost Gamer
badge
I want to live here
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Now I have a mad desire to make one in a candy-cane theme.

granitepenguin wrote:
bengkohn wrote:

That's actually really cool looking. I like it. It almost looks like candy. :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bohm
United States
Appleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools

Out of curiousity, how much does it cost to print out one of those?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Eng-Kohn
United States
Poughkeepsie
New York
flag msg tools
Lost Gamer
badge
I want to live here
mbmbmbmbmb
Never Knows Best wrote:

Out of curiousity, how much does it cost to print out one of those?

If I were going to sell it on BGG (shameless plug: like my other nifty gaming accessories I sell here) it would probably be an $8 item or so. If I make it for myself, not counting my time or machine wear, just materials, electricity and laser tube wear, maybe half that? A little less without the etching, a little more to do other fancy stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nevin Ball
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
That tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
$300,000 stretch goal? How about a commitment to sell classic counters at a future date. Heck, put it on Kickstarter even!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.