United States
Ramsey
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Hey...
badge
Down here...
mbmbmbmbmb
Say I have 5 tokens and 3 power to spend. Can I purchase a "Diabolus" AND a "Bono Trask: Timesqueezer" on that turn?

The rules seem to say that if you buy a gold card, you can only buy gold cards that turn. Is that right?

Rules wrote:
"Each turn, you can buy any number of Gamer (Green) cards from the board with combined cost less than or equal to the number of tokens you have for the turn, and you can buy any number of Evil (Red) cards from the board with combined cost less than or equal to the amount of power you have for the turn. Instead, you can also choose to buy any number of Gold cards from the board with cost less than or equal to te amount of Tokens and Power you have for the turn.

(Bold Added)

Maybe it's a stupid question, but I thought I'd ask.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hyra
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
It says "instead" as you will typically spend all of your tokens and power when buying Gold cards. If you don't, you are certainly welcome to buy additional red and green cards in addition to your gold buys.

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron
United States
Ramsey
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Hey...
badge
Down here...
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Слава Zordok
Russia
Санкт-Петербург
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not a stupid question, it's a stupid writing rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.