oldschoolgamr
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
Are you standin' yet?
badge
Artwork: My Daughter
mbmbmbmbmb
Have some confusion on Astral Projection use. I understand the spell when it is combined with something straight forward like Fireball. If you are behind a wall, I can Astral Project through it and target you with the spell as if I was in the same corridor. My physical body remains in the space I am actually in, but my mental projection can target you with the fireball as if I was in your LOS.

However, does this work with a spell like Heave-Ho? J wanted to Astral Project through a wall to get LOS to her home base. Then she was going to cast Heave-Ho and throw the chest to her base for the win. We were not sure if that would work, since the chest she was carrying is still actually in her physical spot... but the letter of the card text says "as if you are in that spot" - so is all you stuff in that spot too? I would think what is in tht spot is just an Astral Projection of you and not really you and your stuff - so that spell combo would not allow for the win... or would it? Maybe the chest "sees" the target space (target with Astral Projection), then follows a path when heaved - like a guided missle - to the target spot...

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
you're carrying the chest, it's on your person, so yes it "projects" with you -- just as your items you're carrying and the clothes you are wearing do

- My thoughts
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oldschoolgamr
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
Are you standin' yet?
badge
Artwork: My Daughter
mbmbmbmbmb
SirHandsome wrote:
you're carrying the chest, it's on your person, so yes it "projects" with you -- just as your items you're carrying and the clothes you are wearing do

- My thoughts

So ya think you can cast the spell from that projected spot AND throw the chest from there? Eh, who cares - it set's the target space regardless... either way it is an awesome move which won the game...

Thanks.

UPDATE: Ok, just realized a reason it would not work (and an example of how confusing Wiz-War can be). So the Heave-ho card is a mundane action - which according to the latest FAQ says is NOT a spell and is therefore "played" not "cast". The Astral Projection spell says "cast 1 target spell as though you were in that square.", so technically the Astral Projection/Heave-ho combo is NOT permitted.

Does this also meant that since they are not spells the transformations limited to counterspells can use them along with items? That would make sense... but difficult to remember and explain to new players.

More thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alex
France
flag msg tools
did'nt have seen the detail of mudane.
I would have played the "spell" astral projected so.

so items cannot be thrown via astral projection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.