J B
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Is this going to be compatible with the new experience system in Timber Peak?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Arbogast
United States
Norcross
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I received an email from FFP today. They stated that this would be compatible with the new expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Also, are the new Timber Peak characters going to come with Advanced Ability cards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McDonald
United States
Yonkers
New York
flag msg tools
\|/
badge
/|\
mbmbmbmbmb
There are NOT.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
DropDeadCriminal wrote:
There are NOT.

Good to know. I'll drop this advanced ability expansion from my personal "to purchase" game list then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken H.
United States
Amherst
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jcb231 wrote:
DropDeadCriminal wrote:
There are NOT.

Good to know. I'll drop this advanced ability expansion from my personal "to purchase" game list then.

I think what he means is Timber Peak did not ship with Advanced Ability cards included. As far as I know, there has been no official word on whether they will be published in the future.

The experience system does look like a replacement for the AA concept, so I won't be surprised if they never make AA cards for the new heroes. But who knows -- maybe the will.

I'm sure the two systems are compatible though. I don't have it, but I really doubt FFP would publish an expansion that isn't compatible with the rest of the set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Rubric wrote:
jcb231 wrote:
DropDeadCriminal wrote:
There are NOT.

I think what he means is Timber Peak did not ship with Advanced Ability cards included. As far as I know, there has been no official word on whether they will be published in the future.

The experience system does look like a replacement for the AA concept, so I won't be surprised if they never make AA cards for the new heroes. But who knows -- maybe the will.

I'm sure the two systems are compatible though. I don't have it, but I really doubt FFP would publish an expansion that isn't compatible with the rest of the set.

I know that is what he meant regarding Timber Peak, and I assume that the two systems are indeed compatible based on the above poster's e-mail with FFP. I simply am not personally interested in spending money on a system that doesn't cover ALL the heroes until such time as those cards are published. If AA cards do come out for the new Timber Peak characters, then by all means I will add this back on to my personal "to buy" list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken H.
United States
Amherst
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Official Answer, posted by Jason.

Basically, the systems are fully compatible with a minor revison to the rules on Advanced Abilities (which are in the link, and will also be available on their website). Also, he said the intent is to publish Advanced Abilites for the Timber Peak heroes in a future supplement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.