6 Posts

The Battle for Normandy» Forums » Rules

Subject: Fixed German Batteries and observer rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
kalima kalima
Spain
flag msg tools
Fixed German Batteries and observer need to be attached to a HQ, to shoot an ally boat?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Quartaroli
United States
Roseville
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RULE 20.5 2nd paragraph

"Fixed artillery batteries are always in considered to be in combat supply for the puepose of firing at Allied naval units even if they are currently out ofgeneral supply. When firing at targets on land fixed artillery batteries must comply with the ruless for conventional atillery units."

So to answer you question it dosn't need to attach to attack Navel units. There does need to be a spotter though, check out rule 13.2 to make sure it or another unit can see the target. spotters do need to be attached for artillery fiing alone against navel or ground targets. editted to fix my error a "not" was remmoved
A spotter is defined as any friendly unit (including strongpoints) in gerneral supply and within two hexes of the target if the target hexand the intervening hex is Beach, Clear, Flooded, or farmland terrain. If the target hex or the intervenig hex is any other type of terrain, the spotter must be adjacent.

It would need to attach to attack ground units as part of a ground attack.

hope this helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kalima kalima
Spain
flag msg tools
Thanks Daniel.
I was not sure. In Rule 13.2 also says:

ATTACHMENT: If spotting for artillery fire then the spotter and the artillery unit(s) must belong to the same Division or comply with Attachment (12.1).

This made ​​me wonder.

If the fixed artillery fire on a fleet. And it is she who observes, does not need HQ. But if the fixed artillery, that this land inside, using a unit that is on the coast as an observer. Must be attached to a HQ?

I am Spanish. Sometimes some details of English are difficult.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Quartaroli
United States
Roseville
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct. I missed the attactment section because I was just looking for the information about navel firing.

If the fixed battery is the unit spotting a navel unit then it does not need to be attached to a HQ. If A differant unit is doing the spotting then the fixed battery needs to be attached to the spotting units HQ.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kalima kalima
Spain
flag msg tools
Thanks Daniel. You confirm what I understood it.

And of course the artillery attached to HQ, account limits attached units to HQ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Quartaroli
United States
Roseville
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You are welcome, I find that trying to answer questions helps me with my understanding of the rules. Yes attaching the Fixed artillery counts as one of the three attachments for the divsional HQ for the Combat/Artillery phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.