Chad Rathsack
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
OVERTEXT AHHHHHHH!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wanted to get an overview of all the things we can add to our pledge with extra funding and how much they are. What I remember so far.

$10 Red or Blue Etched Dice ($20 for both)
$10 Extsa tiles from K-mini
$5 Adapter tiles
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Chandler
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How many physical tiles are in the K-Mini?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Gracia
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
8 tiles in the Kmini.

One side is the Hospital.
The other side is the a FEMA camp.

~Jeff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not quite understanding the adapters even after the new pics. Is the idea that you'd be able to use them if you want to play half of the expansion tiles on the FEMA side and the other half on the hospital side? And without the tiles you are limited to just one side or the other?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeff - is there any reason we would want or need more than one set of adapters for what we are currently getting? If we needed more down the road because of future expansions, would GBG end up including more in an expansion anyways? I know you don't have a crystal ball, but I'm just wanting to plan ahead and not spend more money on a second set if not necessary.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally I would say One set of 4 adapter tiles is probably enough.
That said, its $5, im getting 2 sets. You never know.
And the point of the adapters is to allow for a little more variety in the game.
The game is designed to be played on side A or side B in any given game.
You pick the side when you start.
With the adapter tiles, as the game goes on, you can use either side of a tile instead of just the side you picked when you stated the game.
They are NOT neeeded for the expansion.
You can play 100% of the game without them as designed.
But, you can play 150% of the game with them.
They also allow more flexibilty in any house rule / scenario games.
And if you were to purchase a second set of the K-mini tiles then you would be able to use both sides, hospital from set 1, fema from set 2, with the tiles.

Hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Chandler
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am trying to piece together an understanding of the game terrain tiles.

What I know about the terrain tiles: ( If anyone has corrections or additions to this it would be appreciated.)

1. You start out with four tiles in the beginning of the game during set up.

2. The tiles are stacked in random order.

3. Each person draws a tile puts one tile out wherever they like each day during "Something Happens".
(That is two to four tiles per person per game. Depending if you play 2, 3, or 4 days, in a two player two day game a total of four tiles would be placed after the four during setup.)

4. Each person draws a tile puts one tile out wherever they like each day during "Something Happens".
(That is two to four tiles per person per game. Depending if you play 2, 3, or 4 days, in a two player two day game a total of four tiles would be placed after the four during setup.)

Question 1. Based on the following, lets say a set of four tiles creates one large building on one side and one large building on the other side. Does anyone know how it will work if you have half of the tiles on one side up and the other two tiles down? Is that an issue?

Questions 2.Is there enough tile placement in the game to justify four tiles that are specifically for changing orientation. Are all the tiles including the Adapters double sided?

Question 3. It seems a four player four day game will place four during setup. 16 during “Scavenge” Phase and 16 during “Something Happened” That is 36 total tiles. How many come in the base game?

Any additional information about tile placement would be greatly appreciated.

I am a big fan of this game already and cannot wait to start playing it.

EDIT: I just added $15 to my Kickstarter pleadge for the adapter files and Kmini. Reguardless of the answers to my questions. I want them.

9 HOURS TO GO We Need $200K

Thanks for any insight on this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question on the whole dice thing. The game comes with 8 red dice and 4 blue dice. But you can get extra 8 red dice OR extra 8 blue dice ($10 extra each). And these are different then what comes in the box?

The $75 level comes with 8 red dice but the game comes with 8 red dice already so these are spares or different versions or what? The dice thing is really confusing to me. They say something about custom dice but don't know if those are the extras or ones already in the box? And no idea how many you really need to play. The game comes with 4 blue but you can buy extra 8 blue? Why not buy 8 red/4 blue for $15 since it seems you don't need 8 more?

The dice... aarrggg, so confused!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Chandler
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
These are just convenience dice. The more dice you have the less passing around the table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chanms wrote:
These are just convenience dice. The more dice you have the less passing around the table.

But are the extra dice different from the included in the base game. There's some posts that suggest the extra dice aren't the same as the included dice. And how do they work with the different info. Do they have icons instead of pips?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Chandler
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think the dice in the base game custom etched.

When you look at the instruction manual they released, the dice shown in the picture have a 6 pip side. I guess that the game itself does not have the etched dice and the only way to get them is by ordering them now.(Unless the have them at Gencon as well?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chanms wrote:
I don't think the dice in the base game custom etched.

When you look at the instruction manual they released, the dice shown in the picture have a 6 pip side. I guess that the game itself does not have the etched dice and the only way to get them is by ordering them now.(Unless the have them at Gencon as well?)

Ok, so the only difference between the extra dice and the base game dice is the 6 side has a symbol on it. That really helps. I thought it was some kind of icon type new die. I know in another Kickstarter project they replaced the standard dice with ones that had icons on them and didn't know if they were doing that here. It would of been confusing to have some dice with icons and some with pips. Only replacing the 6 side shouldn't confuse anyone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Gracia
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
The game comes with standard red and blue dice. As included in the pledges we are giving away 8 custom etched red dice. All 6 sides can be fully customized. We have yet to finalize the design thus have not released it.

It was by the great request, and by vote of the backers for us to offer custom etched blue dice as well. Thus we did so. The blue dice are used in the game for ammo check, thus 1 side may have a smoking empty bullet shell or something like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sincere8868 wrote:
The game comes with standard red and blue dice. As included in the pledges we are giving away 8 custom etched red dice. All 6 sides can be fully customized. We have yet to finalize the design thus have not released it.

It was by the great request, and by vote of the backers for us to offer custom etched blue dice as well. Thus we did so. The blue dice are used in the game for ammo check, thus 1 side may have a smoking empty bullet shell or something like that.

Thanks for the info. Won't that be rather confusing to mix standard dice with icon based custom dice? Sounds like you need to add another $20 for these custom dice. Will these be available later or only as add-ons for the Kickstarter project?

I'd think you would either want one or the other and not both together. And if you use icons won't that info need to be on the cards?

If you saw the Gunship game, they had a stretch reward that totally replaced the standard dice with icon based custom dice. If they didn't they'd have to have multiple icons on all the cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Martin
United States
Fort Leavenworth
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agree with Scott. This is a bit confusing. What are the adapters, and why would I want them?

I've pledged at the $75 level. Are the adapter tiles something not included in the base game, k-mini, and z-master expansion (which I understand I am getting at the $75 level)? Do I need them? JR said they will let me play 150% of the game? Another way of looking at that is that without it, I can only play 66% of the game. What's up?

I think I understand that the k-mini extra tiles and dice are just more of what I'm already getting. I'm not clear on whether the adapter tiles are or not.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Owen Diamond
United States
Sierra Vista
Arizona
flag msg tools
THe adapters are probably because if you play with one side, you wouldnt be able to use the other side in the same game because it flips how the little puzzle piece fits together.

So if you started on side A, without adapters you wouldnt be able to use side B because it wouldnt attach.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.