Subject: What is the likelihood of a small-box reprint? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
M. Griffie
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
FFG has been reprinting games in smaller boxes in recent years. I actually purchased second copies of Citadels, Through the Desert, and Kingdoms just for the smaller box -- and I know I'm not the only one here who is that OCD whistle

So with that said, is it possible that Blue Moon City will also get a reprint in the smaller Elder Sign/Kingdoms/Through the Desert/Red November box size? (I tested out the components and they easily fit)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Moore
United States
Oxford
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Gotcha!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you're just going to need to get a smaller box and make your own small box version! There's nothing to indicate FFG has any intentions to reprint any of the Blue Moon line of games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 11 23-25 Feb 2018 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rcmoore4 wrote:
There's nothing to indicate FFG has any intentions to reprint any of the Blue Moon line of games.

Even if they did (and as you say, there's no sign of it) they may not even have the rights to do so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
Dearlove wrote:
rcmoore4 wrote:
There's nothing to indicate FFG has any intentions to reprint any of the Blue Moon line of games.

Even if they did (and as you say, there's no sign of it) they may not even have the rights to do so.
That doesn't seem much of a problem. If FFG approached Knizia and said, "How's about we renew our license on BMC and reprint it?", I suspect he would say "Yes." It's not like other companies are competing with FFG for the rights to it, after all.

That being said, when they did the new shrunken version of Kingdom's they redid all the artwork also. I think a reprint of BMC would make more sense if they also did a retheme. It's a very good game, but the gameplay has nothing to do with the original Blue Moon, and having the theme tied to an even-less-likely-to-see-reprint game could be viewed as a liability.

Still, I agree it is unlikely. I doubt that BMC sold in huge numbers. It's a very good game, but not a classic, and there are lots of very good games out there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. Griffie
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
wmshub wrote:
Still, I agree it is unlikely. I doubt that BMC sold in huge numbers. It's a very good game, but not a classic, and there are lots of very good games out there.

But I wouldn't have thought they'd ever reprint Kingdoms either. And with a huge upgrade to the components no less!

Seeing as I don't have the time or skill to create a small-box version myself, I guess I'll just have to be hopeful

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Booker Hooker
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's see... They could retheme it to the Terinoth setting and change the dragon scales to dragon runes, and the rocket ship to a... (hold a sec while I dig through my Rune Age box)... A Spire of Ruin, or maybe an Everliving Engine!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Booker Hooker
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kingdoms wasn't the first Knizia game to get that smaller box size. Maybe it won't be the last. I never thought about it until now but Knizia has done a bunch of games with FFG... at least ten that I can think of.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
Your sea is so great and my boat is so small.
mbmbmbmbmb
nexus09 wrote:
wmshub wrote:

But I wouldn't have thought they'd ever reprint Kingdoms either. And with a huge upgrade to the components no less!

Agreed.

The sheer number of times that Kingdoms (and Loco) have been reprinted, rethemed, retweaked, revised, retrotted-out is quite frankly, inexplicable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harold Tessmann III
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just wish they would release the expansion tiles in the US.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Logging plays since 2004
badge
Oh, so you actually think about what you are saying?
mbmbmbmbmb
dkearns wrote:
nexus09 wrote:
wmshub wrote:

Agreed.

The sheer number of times that Kingdoms (and Loco) have been reprinted, rethemed, retweaked, revised, retrotted-out is quite frankly, inexplicable.

In the case of Loco it is particularly a Quandary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
Your sea is so great and my boat is so small.
mbmbmbmbmb
Lord_Prussian wrote:

In the case of Loco it is particularly a Quandary

in Botswana?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 11 23-25 Feb 2018 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MacMog wrote:

Never saw this at the time, but in case still relevant. You can make up your own set from http://www.convivium.org.uk/pdfs/Blue%20Moon%20City%20Bonus%...

(You could throw the German text at Google translate, which will probably do a tolerable job, or else ask about the special effects.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hawkins
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dearlove wrote:
MacMog wrote:

Never saw this at the time, but in case still relevant. You can make up your own set from http://www.convivium.org.uk/pdfs/Blue%20Moon%20City%20Bonus%...

(You could throw the German text at Google translate, which will probably do a tolerable job, or else ask about the special effects.)

Fantasy Flight has the expansion tiles on a free English pdf on its site: http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/Blue%20Moon%20...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.