Subject: Looking to start game over vassal rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jethro Hendrickx
Belgium
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
I'm looking to start a new game over vassal, preferably 4-6 player. Anyone up?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark VanKempen
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jethro Hendrickx
Belgium
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
OK, so we need 1 more person and we can start.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Richardson

Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmb
So I assume you mean PBEM? I'm in, I'd just request the following:

- roll for turn order, choice order is opposite
- first round in clockwise turn order (so place in counter-clockwise order while choosing)
- no supernova hexes (can use ion missile discovery if you want)
- choose races before the initial tech draw is seen
- pass order becomes turn order for the following round

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jethro Hendrickx
Belgium
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Jim, I agree with all your suggestions.

However, after you dropped out of our last game after turn 3 because people didn't do the moves you wanted them to do, I don't want to play with you anymore.

I do hope you understand and find some other guys to play with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Richardson

Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmb
Ah yes I remember now, the game you demonstrated the runaway victory potential of Orion by garnering 18 material production at the end of round 3, when no one else would listen to my arguments as to why you should be opposed. That would have been such a worthwhile game to continue for all parties involved. shake

I also remember the poor sportsmanship you showed in said game, with various unsolicited rude behavior, taunting & insults by email etc. Which you once again demonstrate here by initiating the broadcast of a squabble here on BGG in an attempt to slander someone, rather than sending a PM.

GL with your new game. Hopefully it will be an actual game this time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jethro Hendrickx
Belgium
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
OK, here we go again.

What you describe as "rude behaviour" was rather some roleplaying on my part when you tried to encourage others to attack me. It was recognized as such by the other players, not by you apparently. I started a new game with the 2 other players and 3 other guys, that one runs smoothly.

The one big disadvantage internet play has over real life, is that players who are doing poorly tend to drop out, ruining the game for all, I've little compassion for that kind of behavior. If you waste my time like you did with that game, some publicity about it is what you deserve.

For the rest I don't have a problem with you, I heard you helped one of the guys get a copy of Eclipse, that's a kind thing to do. I also appreciate the strategy discussions you participate in, most of the time I agree with what you say then. But one thing I've learned is that a game only has a winner when it's over, and not after 3 turns, so we disagree on that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jethro Hendrickx
Belgium
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
I've found a 4 th player, so it looks like we can start.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Richardson

Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmb
Minotower wrote:
OK, here we go again.

What you describe as "rude behaviour" was rather some roleplaying on my part

Personally mocking someone for their hopeless game state isn't roleplaying.

Minotower wrote:
The one big disadvantage internet play has over real life, is that players who are doing poorly tend to drop out

And players who are being mocked tend to not want to play. Those are the only times I've ever dropped out of vassal games. Not just because it was hopeless, but because I was playing with rude people who were personally insulting me. I won't ever stand for it.

Minotower wrote:
ruining the game for all

A 4p game with Orion controlling the center, part of a second player's space, and a third player relegated to a single system by round 3, dwarfing everyone else's combined production, is already over. Sorry I stood in the way of your 9 rounds of pointless domination.

Like I said, GL and I hope you have an actual game this time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jethro Hendrickx
Belgium
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Tretiak wrote:
Version 152 ?

yes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.