Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Bridge
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure someone already thought of this. But if not, here it is.

I think it would work, but I don't know how many units to give it.

8 tokens (for example)
Do not lay a power beside this race. When it is selected that player randomly chooses a power to go with it.

At the start of subsequent turns, you MAY discard your power and randomly take another power. If that new power has more tokens then add tokens accordingly, but if it has fewer tokens you must discard the difference. Discarded powers also discard all unique game pieces associated with that power.

The random nature of "shifting" is what makes me wonder how many units to have for the "Shapeshifters". I figured 8 tokens, like Ratmen, because you could end up with a pretty lame power (i.e. Cursed). But at the same time you may get a terrific power, in which case I don't want them to have so many units that they are overpowered. Suggestions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miles Archer
msg tools
Small World Underground has a race called the Shadow Mimes(7) with the following race-power:

When picking a Race and Special Power
combo, if you select the Shadow
Mimes you may immediately swap their
Special Power with the Special Power of
your choice, from among the 5 others
visible in the list of combos. You do not swap or pick up the
coins (if any) that may be on the Combo initially associated
with the Special Power you are mimicking. You only swap the
Special Power.

You might want to try this out instead, although it's much less chaotic than choosing a new power each turn. I know it's not exactly what you're looking for, but being able to choose the right power at the right time can be pretty interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like a Shapeshifter races that merges with whatever the next race is you recruit, taking on their racial abilities and special power. Maybe that's too strong, so I've also considered the opposite- a race that makes your In Decline units become the same as them (allowing all to share this active race's special power).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Apostle Green
United States
Lake County
Illinois
flag msg tools
That is not dead which can eternal lie
mbmbmbmbmb
How about this idea?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Mack
United States
Menifee
California
flag msg tools
designer
Lefty / Happily Married / Parent of 2 Girls / Christian / Yucata User
badge
Smack dat Ghoulie, Mr. Trolla!
mbmbmbmbmb
theapostlegreen wrote:
How about this idea?

"Nothing new under the sun," eh? LOL

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.