A Game of Thrones: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Khal Drogo's Tent and other similar cards... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dustin Ivey
United States
Vadnais Heights
mbmbmbmbmb
now Khal Drogo's Tent is a location by default correct? It however can ALSO be played as an attachment?

So if you play Khal Drogo's tent as an attachment to a house card, then it is NO longer a location right? Now if for some reason the attachment gets discarded from play, is it now considered an attachment in the discard pile or does it go back to being a location since it is no longer attached?

Also since it is a location by default I am going to assume that Lady Daenerys's Chambers cannot be used to take this back from the discard pile?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eder Monaco
Italy
Rome
RM
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Dustin1280 wrote:
now Khal Drogo's Tent is a location by default correct? It however can ALSO be played as an attachment?

Yes and yes

Dustin1280 wrote:

So if you play Khal Drogo's tent as an attachment to a house card, then it is NO longer a location right? Now if for some reason the attachment gets discarded from play, is it now considered an attachment in the discard pile or does it go back to being a location since it is no longer attached?

Yes it is an attachment, once it gets discarded it will go in your discard pile and will be considered as a location.

Dustin1280 wrote:

Also since it is a location by default I am going to assume that Lady Daenerys's Chambers cannot be used to take this back from the discard pile?

With this question you answered your own question above
Yes it is a location so Lady Daenery's Chambers can't be used to take it back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm King
Australia
Mount Hawthorn
Western Australia
flag msg tools
http://waboardgamers.org.au/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless in play as an attachment to your house card it is considered to be a location only.

And now that I think a little more on it, while it's attached to your house card I don't see why it couldn't be considered a location and an attachment, though that defeats the purpose of playing it as an attachment.

I also wonder if it can be played as an attachment during setup.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Ivey
United States
Vadnais Heights
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome, I figured as much, I just wanted to confirm.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eder Monaco
Italy
Rome
RM
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
maljking wrote:
Unless in play as an attachment to your house card it is considered to be a location only.

And now that I think a little more on it, while it's attached to your house card I don't see why it couldn't be considered a location and an attachment, though that defeats the purpose of playing it as an attachment.

I also wonder if it can be played as an attachment during setup.

If you play it as an attachment then it is an attachment not both...
And you can't play attachments during setup phase unless the card says that can be played during setup.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mills
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It can't be placed as an attachment during Setup, because you are not "playing" cards during that time, you are "placing" them. Also, if a card is played as an attachment, then it is an attachment only for as long as it is in play. Once it leaves play it ceases to be an attachment and is a location once again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stevens
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
I protect the sheep in our society from the wolves.
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the purpose or benefit of playing it as an attachment to your House Card as opposed to just playing it as a Location?

We love this game but the text on some cards can be confusing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mills
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some houses (like Greyjoy) mess with locations. Some houses (like Targaryen) mess with attachments. If you're playing against a Greyjoy player, the card is probably safer as an attachment. If you're playing against Targ, the card is probably safer as a location.

Basically you're just choosing the card type that is (in your estimation) least likely to be messed with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.